Frequently Asked Questions

Collapse All Expand All


If you have had an income change that differs from the income reported on your FAFSA, please review the Parent or Student Recalculation forms for direction about possible resolutions.

If your family situation is not typical (according to the FAFSA definition), does not allow you to enter your parent information, and is not addressed on the FAFSA, please review the Dependency Override or Parental Data Override forms.

Once you are awarded financial aid, you can view cost of attendance by going to the Award Overview tab in the Financial Aid portal for the year you received financial aid:

2018-2019 Cost of Attendance
2017-2018 Cost of Attendance

  • Login to your myBLINN
  • Click on the Financial Aid Checklist icon
  • Select the aid year. View "Satisfactory Academic Progress" and corresponding text.
  • Appeal Sufficient: appeal has been approved for the current semester
  • Appeal Insufficient: appeal has been denied for the current semester
All notifications will be sent to your myBLINN email address.
Yes, terms and conditions must be accepted first before accepting or declining any financial aid.
Click on the "Financial Aid Checklist" icon, select your aid year, and click on "Terms and Conditions - Required."
  1. Login to your myBLINN
  2. Click on the "Financial Aid Checklist" icon then select your aid year
  3. If ‘Awarded Financial Aid’ has ‘Complete’ you have been awarded.
  1. Log in to your myBLINN
  2. Click on the My Records icon
  3. Click on the link that says ‘Registration Hold – Prevents Registration’. If it has a [red X] you have holds.
  1. Log in to your myBLINN
  2. Click on the "Financial Aid Checklist" icon then select your aid year
  3. Click ‘Awarded Financial Aid,’ then click Award Overview
  4. The cost of attendance is an estimated break down of what it could cost to attend Blinn for a full academic year.
  • Log in to your myBLINN
  • Click on My Records --> Financial Aid Awards
  • Select your aid year
  • Click on Financial Aid --> Award Payment Schedule
  • Your expected disbursement dates will show. After funds have disbursed to Blinn, it will take approximately 10 business days to authorize financial aid refunds to your refund preference.
Disbursement: The process in which your aid is released to the school to pay towards your tuition and fees.
Refund: The process in which any remaining funds not used for your tuition and other authorized expenses are paid to you. Refunds will be released to the refund method that you have selected through Nelnet Student Choice Refunds.

Disbursements are processed on the night of the 12th class day for Fall and Spring semesters. Summer disbursements are processed on the night of the fourth class day.

*Students who are freshmen or have not earned more than 30 credits hours will have to wait 30 days for their loan to post.

  • Log in to your myBLINN
  • Click on Current Students --> Financial Aid and Scholarships
  • Click on Scholarship Information --> How to Apply for Scholarships
Non-standard (non-institutional) charges include parking permits, fines, etc. Financial aid can cover your parking permit; however you have to authorize us to do so by accepting.
  1. Log in to your myBLINN
  2. Click on the Financial Aid Checklist icon, then select your aid year
  3. Click on ‘Student Authorization for Non-Standard Charges’ or the ‘Resources/Additional Information’ tab.
If classes are dropped after financial aid has been disbursed, you may owe a balance. Students who drop below six credit hours will owe partial loan funds or have future disbursements canceled.
Students who withdraw early in the semester will likely owe funds back to the school. If a student withdraws from all classes and received Pell and/or loans, the U.S. Department of Education requires that the school calculate how much the student earned.
Blinn offers study abroad opportunities through different academic divisions each year. The study abroad classes are all taught by Blinn College instructors and the student receives college credit at Blinn. Students who are otherwise eligible can receive financial aid for these study abroad courses. All other financial aid and enrollment requirements must be met. Any additional costs to the student for these classes can be reviewed and accounted for on a case-by-case basis. Students with financial aid questions related to study abroad should to contact the Financial Aid Office in Bryan.