Frequently Asked Questions

Blinn's Veterinary Technology Program courses do not count or transfer to Texas A&M University or the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, because it is a technical program. However, courses will transfer to Tarleton State University (see question below).

Yes, Tarleton State University offers a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree in veterinary technology. Click here for more information.

Blinn's Veterinary Technology Program has a memorandum agreement with the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences that allows it to access the College's resources, faculty, and facilities. Blinn students get to participate in the exact same labs as veterinary students. Blinn is the only veterinary technology program in the state of Texas with this opportunity.


All applicants must attend a Veterinary Technology information session. Applications will be distributed at these sessions. View information session dates here.


The program is offered only in Bryan at the Post Office Campus and on the Texas A&M University Campus.

No, applicants may not take program prerequisites during the summer before classes start, because grades are used to evaluate applications in May. The latest the program prerequisites can be taken is during the spring when the application is submitted.

BIOL 2420: Microbiology for Non-science Majors
SPCH 1318: Interpersonal Communication
PHIL 2306: Introduction to Ethics

Tuition and fees for Blinn's associate degree program are approximately $13,000. Other associated costs may include books, uniforms, supplies, and travel.

One of Blinn's Veterinary Technology Program requirements is a minimum of 40 hours of supervised veterinary clinical experience. This experience may be with a veterinarian or LVT, but it has to be specifically shadowing, volunteering, or working directly with that person(s). 

Animal experience is any animal-related experience you may accumulate through FFA, volunteering at an animal shelter, or breeding animals.

If an applicant tests out of an AP class through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), it is their responsibility to submit those scores to Blinn College. If Blinn accepts the transfer, the Veterinary Technology Program will follow the American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations to confirm that the credit-granting score was equivalent to a “C” or better. View ACE credit recommendations here.

See Blinn’s equivalency matrix to see if and how your course(s) will transfer to Blinn.
If your course or college is not included in the matrix, contact Blinn’s Admissions Office or the health sciences facilitator

We do not prefer to receive packet documentation separately, but if this is unavoidable, please notify our office so it does not get lost at 979-209-7202 or

Yes, we require official transcripts in your application packet, and we recommend you also send an official transcript to Blinn.

Yes, we require applicants from other colleges to include official transcripts in their application packets, and we require Blinn students to do the same.

Admission to Blinn is not mandatory before applying to the Veterinary Technology Program. You can apply to Blinn after you receive your provisional acceptance letter. Entry into the program would then be fully granted after acceptance to Blinn.

Please do not submit more than three letters of recommendation.
A generic form is provided in the application packet, but you are welcome to create a spreadsheet to document your veterinary experience hours in more detail. You can then transfer them to the document provided in your application packet.
It is not required that a veterinarian write one of your letters of recommendation.
We will accept applications postmarked on or before Friday, May 17. The Veterinary Technology Program office is closed on weekends.
As an accredited program, your Blinn Veterinary Technology degree can be used to apply for licensure in any state – not just Texas. Some states have additional licensure requirements, such as background checks, additional examinations, and/or a limit on the number of times that the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE) may be taken. Contact the licensing board of the state in which you are interested in for more information on its requirements.