How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Blinn Veterinary Technology Program! Applications for the Fall 2020 cohort will be accepted through June 1, 2020.
Additional forms or copies of documentation should be attached in the submission email.
References and evaluations will be completed directly through our office.
REMINDER: Applicants to the Veterinary Technology Program must first submit an application to the Blinn College District at applytexas.org, including submitting a set of official transcripts from all schools attended previously.
Completed application packets must include the following:
- Veterinary Technology Program application form
- Contact information for three references who plan to write letters of recommendation. These individuals should not be related to the applicant and can speak to the applicant’s character and/or qualifications for the veterinary technician profession
- Contact information for supervised clinical experiences completed under a DVM or LVT
- Documentation of veterinary, animal, and other work or volunteer experiences
- Documentation of community service and/or military service
In addition to the required criteria, an applicant can strengthen their application by:
- A competitive GPA (greater than a 2.5 is strongly recommended)
- Gaining additional veterinary supervised experience or general animal experience (must be documented)
- Completing required academic corequisite courses with at least a “C” in each course:
- BIOL 2420
- SPCH 1318
- PHIL 2306
- Hold existing degrees or professional certifications
- Documentation of past military service or recent community service
- Providing strong letters of recommendation