How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Blinn Veterinary Technology Program! Applications for the Fall 2019 cohort will be accepted April 1 through May 17.
You can download and print the following items to be included with your application packet:
Applications must either be postmarked or hand-delivered to the Veterinary Technology Program administrative office (CC-13) by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 17. Failure to meet this deadline and/or submission of an incomplete application packet will disqualify the applicant from the selection process for the current year.
All materials within the completed application packet need to be submitted together in a 9” x 12” envelope. Separate, individual materials will not be accepted as this constitutes an incomplete application packet. See Admissions Criteria for a list of requirements to apply to the program.
REMINDER: Applicants to the Veterinary Technology Program must also submit an application to the Blinn College District at applytexas.org, including submitting
Completed application packets must include the following:
- Veterinary Technology Program application form
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals not related to the applicant who can speak to the applicant’s character and/or qualifications for the veterinary technician profession
- Documentation of supervised clinical experiences completed by a DVM or LVT
- Documentation of veterinary, animal, and other work experiences
- Documentation of community service and/or military service
- Official copies of all college transcripts each in a sealed envelope*
*If prerequisite courses are currently in progress at the time of the application process, the applicant should submit their official transcripts as soon as the grades are posted. These applicants should include unofficial transcripts in the application instead of paying for official transcripts twice. The official transcripts must be delivered to the Veterinary Technology office directly.
In addition to the required criteria, an applicant can strengthen their application by:
- A competitive GPA (greater than a 2.5 is strongly recommended)
- Gaining additional veterinary supervised experience or general animal experience (must be documented)
- Completing required academic courses with at least a “C” in each course:
- SPCH 1318 (no time limit)
- PHIL 2306 (no time limit)
- BIOL 2420* (must be completed within the last 3 years to count toward degree plan)
- Hold existing degrees or professional certifications
- Documentation of past military service or recent community service
- Providing strong letters of recommendation