How to Apply
Applications for the Fall 2019 cohort will be accepted April 1 through May 17.
Applications can be obtained by attending a Veterinary Technology information session. View information session dates here.
Applications must either be postmarked or hand-delivered to the Veterinary Technology Program administrative office (CC-13) by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 17. Failure to meet this deadline and/or submission of an incomplete application packet will disqualify the applicant from the selection process for the current year.
All materials within the completed application packet need to be submitted together in a 9” x 12” envelope. Separate, individual materials will not be accepted as this constitutes an incomplete application packet. See Admissions Criteria for a list of requirements to apply to the program.
REMINDER: Applicants to the Veterinary Technology Program must also submit an application to the Blinn College District at applytexas.org, including submitting
Completed application packets must include the following:
- Health Sciences application form
- Veterinary Technology Program supplemental questionnaire
- TEAS V, SAT, or ACT test scores (See Admission Criteria for minimum test score requirements)
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals not related to the applicant who can speak to the applicant’s character and/or qualifications for the veterinary technician profession
- Documentation of supervised clinical experiences
- Documentation of general animal experiences
- Documentation of community service and/or military service
- Official copies of all college transcripts each in a sealed envelope*
*If prerequisite courses are currently in progress at the time of the application process, these grades must appear on an official transcript submitted in the application packet. Additionally, if other academically required courses are in progress at the time of application, these grades must appear on the official transcript for the applicant to receive additional points for the completion of these courses.
In addition to the required criteria, an applicant can strengthen their application by:
- A competitive GPA (greater than a 2.5 is strongly recommended)
- Gaining additional veterinary supervised experience or general animal experience (must be documented)
- Completing required academic courses with at least a “C” in each course:
- SPCH 1318 (no time limit)
- PHIL 2306 (no time limit)
- BIOL 2420* (must be completed within the last 3 years to count toward degree plan)
*NOTE: BIOL 2420 is not a prerequisite for the program. It is a corequisite -- a class that is taken after formal admittance to the program. If you have not taken BIOL 2420, it is strongly recommended that you wait until you are admitted to the Veterinary Technology Program and take this course along with the first semester VTHT courses since material covered in BIOL 2420 will be integrated with material covered in VTHT 1301.
- Hold existing degrees or professional certifications
- Documentation of past military service or recent community service
- Providing strong letters of recommendation