How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Blinn Veterinary Technology Program! Applications for the Fall 2020 cohort will be accepted through May 22.
Applications must either be postmarked, dropped off at Copy Stop on the Bryan Blinn campus, or hand-delivered to the Veterinary Technology Program administrative office (107 VMA on the Texas A&M campus) by 4 p.m. on May 22. Failure to meet this deadline and/or submission of an incomplete application packet will disqualify the applicant from the selection process for the current year.
All materials within the completed application packet need to be submitted together in a 9” x 12” envelope. Separate, individual materials will not be accepted as this constitutes an incomplete application packet. See Admissions Criteria for a list of requirements to apply to the program.
REMINDER: Applicants to the Veterinary Technology Program must first submit an application to the Blinn College District at applytexas.org, including submitting a set of official transcripts.
Completed application packets must include the following:
- Veterinary Technology Program application form
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals not related to the applicant who can speak to the applicant’s character and/or qualifications for the veterinary technician profession
- Documentation of supervised clinical experiences completed by a DVM or LVT
- Documentation of veterinary, animal, and other work experiences
- Documentation of community service and/or military service
In addition to the required criteria, an applicant can strengthen their application by:
- A competitive GPA (greater than a 2.5 is strongly recommended)
- Gaining additional veterinary supervised experience or general animal experience (must be documented)
- Completing required academic corequisite courses with at least a “C” in each course:
- BIOL 2420
- SPCH 1318
- PHIL 2306
- Hold existing degrees or professional certifications
- Documentation of past military service or recent community service
- Providing strong letters of recommendation