Service Learning and Student Clubs
Getting your club started...
If your organization is looking for a meaningful volunteer project that also provides real-world experience for your career, Service Learning is for you! Please see the project requirements below to get started! Maybe your organization is already doing a service that meets the criteria for Service Learning. The next step is getting credit for it! Club members who meet the requirements below receive a Certificate of Achievement at the end of the semester.
Service Learning Project Requirements
1. A Service Learning project may be one-time or ongoing but requires a minimum of 10 hours a semester. This includes the planning, execution, and evaluation stages.
2. The project may involve the entire club or just an individual. However, an individual must get the club sponsor's approval and complete the Individual Project Approval Form.
3. Complete the Project Design Form. Both club sponsors and club members may submit project designs. For ideas or help, please contact Greg Phillips - Service Learning Director or Elizabeth Koonce - Service Learning VISTA.
4. Once the project is approved, complete the Student Agreement Form. Students age 18 and above may submit the form electronically. Students under 18 must return a printed copy signed by a parent or legal guardian to their club sponsor.
5. After the project, club members will complete the reflection activity specified in the design form.
6. Club members fill out the Student Survey and a club sponsor or officer completes the Project Evaluation.