Applicants must be college ready in all subjects of TSI requirement through assessment or exemption.
Selection is based on the following criteria:
- GPA (15%) - minimum 2.5
- ATI-TEAS - Allied Health scores (46%) You must submit scores for all sections of the ATI-TEAS (reading, mathematics, science, English and Language Usage)
- Completion of general education courses (28%)
- Completion of required Science courses:
BIOL 2402 within 5 years of application
and BIOL 2420 or 2421 within 3 years of application
- A general category(11%) including letters of recommendation, Observation of a dental hygienist**, professional certifications other than RDA, work experience (dental or non-dental), community service*, number of college hours completed
- *Community service documentation to include: organization name and contact information, supervisor’s name and signature, total hours completed. Must be completed Feb. 1, 2018 – Jan. 31, 2019. No exceptions.
- **Observation of a dental hygienist documentation to
include:office name and contact information, hygienist’s name, license number and signature, total hours completed. Observation MUST occur Feb. 1, 2018 – Jan. 31, 2019. Dental assistants must observe, as well. Simply working as a dental assistant will not substitute for direct observation, unless you are a dental hygiene assistant. Observation must occur between the following dates: Feb. 1, 2018 – Jan. 31, 2019. No exceptions.
The Blinn College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability in its programs or activities. For information regarding Title IX, ADA, Section 504 and other anti-discrimination coordinators, see Required Notices .