Blinn's Division of Technical and Community Education provides a number of avenues for scholarships. Traditional financial aid is not typically available for non-credit technical and community education courses, but please pursue the following:
Blinn College Foundation Scholarships:
Blinn has a number of scholarship opportunities available for technical and community education students. Scholarships depend on a number of factors, so to determine if you qualify, please complete an application.
Students may apply for any of the following scholarships, as applicable.
Swalm Foundation (Boys and Girls Club Scholarship)
- The Swalm Foundation provides scholarship funds for students involved in Boys and Girls Club who meet requirements of the Foundation and have participated in a local Boys and Girls Club. Funds are available for Washington County, Champion Valley, Austin County, and Brazos Valley.
Texas Elks Lodge Scholarship – Texas Elks Association
- The Texas Elks State Association provides Vocational Grants for any prospective student 18 years or older to pay tuition for a certificate program up to a two-year program in a technical or vocational area. For more information, go to https://texaselks.org/docs/scholarships/Voc%20Grant%20Application%202017-2018.pdf
Gene Haas Foundation Machining Technology Scholarship
- This scholarship program provides $1,000 - $5,000 to pay for students interested in machine operation and maintenance. Application forms are available at smeef.org/genehaasscholarships.
Your local Workforce Board has scholarship monies available on a case-by-case basis for unemployed, under-employed, and dislocated workers. Before registering for our classes, contact your local board to see if you qualify:
- Brazos, Washington, Burleson, Leon, Madison, Grimes and Robertson Counties: Brazos Valley Workforce Solutions http://bvjobs.org/contact-us/
- Austin, Waller, Montgomery and Walker Counties: Houston-Galveston Area Council (HGAC) Workforce Solutions: http://wrksolutions.com/jobs/careeroffices/careeroffices.aspx
- Lee and Fayette Counties: Rural Capital Area Workforce Solutions http://workforcesolutionsrca.com/