The Blinn College District Surgical Technology Program is a competitive-entry program with one admission cycle per year. The following are minimum requirements to be considered for admission:
- Complete ALL Blinn College admission requirements: www.blinn.edu/admissions/.
- Acceptance into Blinn does not guarantee acceptance into the Surgical Technology Program.
- Admissions requirements for Blinn should be seen as separate requirements from those within the Surgical Technology Program application packet.
- TSI College Ready in all subjects by Blinn College standards: www.blinn.edu/admissions/texas-success-initiative
- Completion of the Surgical Technology Program application packet and all requirements therein by the stated deadline.
- Grades of "C" or better in prerequisite and/or corequisite courses, with a minimum 2.5 GPA for those courses. Prerequisites are as follows:
- BIOL 2401 Anatomy and Physiology I
- HITT 1305 Medical Terminology I
- BIOL 2402 Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOL 2420 Microbiology for Non-Science Majors
Applicants can become more competitive by exceeding the minimum requirements for admissions into the Surgical Technology Program. The following are factors considered for acceptance and can be used to strengthen a student’s application:
- GPA in prerequisite/corequisite courses
- Admissions essay
- ATI TEAS test scores
- Interview process
The Spring 2020 application cycle will begin August 12, 2019. All applications are due by Tuesday November 26, 2019. Please contact Victoria Parnell at email@example.com for more information and to pick up an application.