Paralegal and Legal Studies
Paralegals are the top assistants to lawyers and key members of the legal team. They work in private law firms and many areas of government and business. Some paralegals can even start their own business. Paralegal careers can also be a foundation, should the student decide to continue his or her education on a path toward law school.
Future Paralegals (also known as Legal Assistants)
- A paralegal is
the topassistant to a lawyer. Students who graduate from the Blinn Paralegal Program are qualified for careers as paralegals. Programprovides instruction on the “nuts and bolts” of legal cases and procedures
- Prepare to work in private law firms or the many areas of government and business
- Get the “key” to unlocking the law and legal system
- Receive foundational knowledge and skills for all areas of law but students can choose an area of emphasis
- Degree and certificate accredited by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Prepares students for the many careers involving the Law
- Instructors are all lawyers or judges holding doctoral degrees
- Students can choose a classroom or online track
- Transfer opportunities to four-year universities
Interested in Law School
- Program courses cover many substantive topics featured in first-year law school classes
Programprepares students to immediately participate in the Law profession as a paralegal and gain valuable field experience to help when the student becomes a practicing lawyer.