Academy - Brenham Benefits
Students accepted to the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham will participate in a living and learning community, allowing participants to live in Mill Creek Hall on campus, and take their first-year math, science, and engineering courses together. Texas A&M engineering courses will be taught on the Brenham Campus by Texas A&M faculty.
Upon acceptance to the Engineering Academy, regardless of campus, students will be required to complete all admission requirements for both Blinn and Texas A&M by the respective deadlines of each institution.
Benefits of the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham include:
- Optional early entry to an engineering major at Texas A&M upon completion of the required math sequence (Calculus I, II, and III) for the desired major, or when the math requirement for the engineering area of interest is met.
- The opportunity to enroll in engineering courses previously reserved only for students admitted to the Texas A&M College of Engineering.
- The opportunity to participate in all student activities and organizations to the fullest extent possible at both institutions, including the option to attend Texas A&M Fish Camp and to purchase a Texas A&M Sports Pass, as well as NJCAA sports, if taking at least 12 hours at Blinn (in addition to Texas A&M classes).
- Taking math, science, and engineering courses with the same students and developing a community of engineering academic peers.
- Enrolling in quality Blinn courses with smaller student-faculty ratios.
- An economical pathway to Texas A&M University, with a savings of approximately $3,000 per semester for students taking 15 credit hours.
- Guaranteed full admission to Texas A&M University upon timely completion of all program requirements (an admission application and fee is not required).*
* Engineering Academy students who choose to transfer to Texas A&M prior to completing the program requirements will be considered for full admission on the same basis as all transfer students.