How to File a Complaint Based on Disability Discrimination
A discrimination claim based on disability can usually be filed in person, by telephone, by email, or by regular mail.
Where to Start
Students wanting to file a complaint based on disability discrimination should start by filing a complaint with the Disability Services Office located on their campus.
What Information Should Your Complaint Include?
- Your full name, ID #, email address, and contact information.
- The name and address of the entity or person that you believe committed the discrimination.
- A description of the acts of discrimination, the dates they occurred, and the names of the individuals involved.
- Other information you believe necessary to support your complaint, including copies (not originals) of relevant documents.
Examples of Evidence/Supporting Documents to a Claim
- Journal entries listing the facts and circumstances of acts or omissions of discrimination
- Witness statements
- Copy of your request for reasonable accommodation (if denied)
- Legal documents that may have a bearing on the case
- A statement about the nature of your disability and why the alleged acts or omissions constituted discrimination