Dental Hygiene FAQs
- Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program
- Successful completion of the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE)
- Successful completion of a regional clinical examination
- Successful completion of state jurisprudence, laws, rules and regulations
- Once you have satisfied these requirements, you may apply to the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners for licensure in Texas.
- If you are seeking licensure in another state, please investigate licensure requirements for that state.
You are eligible to sit for the National Board Dental Hygiene Exam during the spring semester of your final year in the Dental Hygiene Program. You are eligible to sit for a clinical exam near graduation of your final semester, or after graduation.
We do, however, require a minimum of 16 hours of observation of a dental hygienist