Behavioral Intervention TeamThe mission of the Behavioral Intervention Team is to promote health, safety, and academic success of the campus community through proactive assistance to students who have reportedly displayed concerning behaviors.
This website has been created to inform you of the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) and how it works. It also provides a link to report yourself or someone you know who may need help locating resources on or off campus.
The purpose of the BIT:
- To support the College District’s policies and procedures
- Provide a structured, positive method for addressing student behaviors that impact both the student and the college community
- To receive and gather information regarding potentially harmful or disruptive behavior with regard to safety and the rights of others, and to minimize the disruption to the college community
- To collaboratively recommend preventative and purposeful individualized interventions to ensure a safe campus environment where learning and personal and professional development can occur
- To determine whether further intervention is needed, evaluate the effectiveness of intervention strategies, and make further recommendations as needed
Please review the links to learn more about how we can help our students. For more information about the Behavioral Intervention Team, please email us at email@example.com.