Behavioral Intervention TeamThe Blinn College District has created a network of professionals from across its campuses that are committed to a caring, confidential program of identification, intervention, and response to provide students with the greatest chance of success and our community with the greatest level of protection.
This website has been created to inform you of the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) and how it works. It also provides a link to report yourself or someone you know who may need help locating resources on or off campus.
The mission of the Behavioral Intervention Team is to promote health, safety, and academic success of the campus community through proactive assistance to students who have reportedly displayed concerning behaviors.
The purpose of the BIT
- To support the College District’s policies and procedures
- Provide a structured, positive method for addressing student behaviors that impact both the student and the college community
- To receive and gather information regarding potentially harmful or disruptive behavior with regard to safety and rights of others and in order to minimize the disruption to the college community
- To collaboratively recommend preventive and purposeful individualized interventions to ensure a safe campus environment where learning, personal and professional development can occur
- To follow up and determine if further intervention is needed, evaluate effectiveness of intervention strategies, and make further recommendations as needed
Please review the links to learn more about how we can help our students. For more information about the Behavioral Intervention Team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.