Career Planning Resources for Military and Veterans
The VA provides one-on-one vocational and personal counseling services for:
- veterans who are within 6 months prior to discharge from active duty;
- are within one year following discharge from active duty;
- are current beneficiaries of educational assistance under Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 1606 and 1607;
- or are veterans and qualified dependents who are eligible for and have entitlements to educational assistance under those same chapters.
Counseling services include:
- Counseling to facilitate career decision making for civilian or military occupations;
- Educational and vocational counseling to choose an appropriate civilian occupation and develop a training program;
- Academic and adjustment counseling to resolve barriers that impede success in training or employment.
For more information on the VA's educational and vocational counseling services,
Helpful Links to Other Sites of Interest
U.S. Air Force
U.S. Coast Guard
The Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy have gone to a Joint Services Transcript system now. Click here to request an official transcript.