Writing Center Workshops
Each workshop listed below will consist of a short presentation, a student activity, and time for individual questions. To sign up for a workshop, please stop by the Writing Center (A-118) or call 979-209-7591.
- Outlining: Monday, January 28; 1 p.m.
- Mind Mapping: Tuesday, February 5; 3 p.m.
- Thesis Development: Thursday, February 14; noon
- Commas: Monday, February, 18; noon
- MLA Tips: Monday, February 25; 5 p.m.
- Formal Academic Language: Monday, March 4; 1 p.m.
- Research Paper Strategies: Wednesday, March 20; noon
- Art of Quoting: Thursday, April 4; noon
- MLA Tips: Monday, April 15; 5 p.m.
For more information about these workshops, stop by the Writing Center (A-118).
Spring 2019 Transfer Essay Workshops
The transfer application deadline for Texas A&M University is March 1, 2019; other universities have similar deadlines. The Writing Center’s two transfer essay workshops can help you craft a strong, appropriate essay prior to the deadline.
PART 1: Friday, February 15, 2019; noon-1 p.m.; C-208
What to Know - Professional advice from experienced faculty on what to write in your essay
PART 2: Friday, February 22, 2019; noon-1 p.m.; C-208
One-on-One Revising - Tutoring from English faculty and CRLA-trained Writing Center tutors
Stop by the Writing Center (A-118) or call 979-209-7591 to register for either one or both of these workshops. If you can’t make a workshop, you can always come to the Writing Center for tutoring on your transfer essay.