Writing Center Workshops
Each workshop listed below will consist of a short presentation, a student activity, and time for individual questions. To sign up for a workshop, please stop by the Writing Center (A-118) or call 979-209-7591.
- Outlining: Monday, Sept. 9, 3:00 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- Thesis Development: Tuesday, Sept. 17, 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- Academic Language: Thursday, Sept. 26, 5:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
- Breaking Through Writer’s Block: Tuesday, Oct. 1, 4:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Sentence Types: Monday, Oct. 7, 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- Mind Mapping: Tuesday, Oct. 15, 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- MLA Tips: Wednesday, Oct. 23, 11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- Art of Quoting: Tuesday, Nov. 5, 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- Research Paper Strategies: Thursday, Nov. 14, 11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
For more information about these workshops, stop by the Writing Center (A-118).
Fall 2019 Transfer Essay Workshops
The transfer application deadline for Texas A&M University is October 15, 2019; other universities have similar deadlines. The Writing Center’s two transfer essay workshops can help you craft a strong, appropriate essay prior to the deadline.
TRANSFER ESSAY WORKSHOP PART I: What to Know - Professional advice from experienced faculty on what to write in your essay.
WHEN & WHERE: Friday, October, 4, 2019, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. C Building, Room C208
TRANSFER ESSAY WORKSHOP PART II: One-on-One Revising - Tutoring from English faculty and CRLA-trained Writing Center tutors.
WHEN & WHERE: Friday, October, 11, 2019, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. C Building, Room C208