Texas Commission on Fire Protection Exams
The mission of the Texas Commission on Fire Protection is to aid in the protection of lives and property of Texas citizens through the development and enforcement of recognized professional standards for individuals and the fire service.
- Register for your TCFP Online exam through FIDO Account, and receive your Exam Eligibility Form.
Online Payment: Print out your payment receipt and bring with you on test day.
You may pay the proctor fee at Enrollment Services, open M-F, 7:30 AM to 5 PM, closed Saturdays. Pay using a major credit card, money order, debit card or cash. No personal checks.
Testing fee is non-refundable, non-transferable, and will expire after 30 days from date of purchase.
- Arrive on test day with a State Issued Photo ID, your TCFP Exam Eligibility Form, and Proof of Payment
TCFP Testing Information Site: https://www.tcfp.texas.gov/testing/testing_overview.asp
Test Dates and Times
- Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Report to the testing center before scheduled testing time.
- Check the website for available dates; this schedule is subject to change so make sure to verify the date you want is still available before registering for an exam.
- The time of a specific exam is selected at registration.
- CLOSED DATES check out the Blinn Academic Calendar
Available Courses at Online Test Sites
- Basic Wildland Firefighter
- Code Enforcement Inspector
- Driver Operator-Aerial
- Driver Operator-Pumper
- Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Hazardous Materials Incident Commander
- Hazardous Materials Operations
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Incident Safety Officer
- Inspector I
- Inspector II
- Instructor I
- Instructor II
- Instructor III
- Officer I
- Officer II
- Officer III
- Officer IV
- Plans Examiner I
TESTING LOCATION - Tejas Center, 3125 S. Texas Ave. Suite 1900, Behind the H.E.B. in Bryan
Valid ID requirements include:
- State-issued driver’s license or identification card
- Military identification card
- Foreign- or U.S.-issued passport
- Matrícula consular identification card