Brenham Campus Recreation/Kruse Center
Please note that the Kruse Center will be closed for the remainder of the Fall semester following the Thanksgiving holiday and will re-open in January for the Spring 2021 semester.
Kruse Recreation Center
The Kruse Center – a new 36,000-square-foot student recreation and activities center – is a great place to work out with your friends! Located at 208 Blinn Boulevard, the Kruse Center includes space for general fitness, dance and yoga, kinesiology classes, student organization meetings, weightlifting and fitness space, and multi-purpose rooms for community events and meetings.
The Kruse Center will be opening this fall on August 24, 2020. The hours of operation will be reduced and usage of the open areas will be by appointment only. No community memberships will be sold in the Fall semester.
Hours will be Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ( the facility will close daily from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. for deep cleaning) and Saturday and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Additionally, the following health and safety precautions will be in place:
The Kruse Center Usage Waiver must be completed before entering the facility for the first time each semester.
Visiting the Kruse Center
- The Kruse Center is reducing the operational hours to permit an increase in processes for cleaning and disinfecting the Center.
- The Kruse Center will be closed Monday through Friday from 12-3 p.m. for deep cleaning.
- Please do not visit the Center if you are sick or showing signs of COVID-19. Wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- Students will enter the Center at the Campus Recreation Entrance (near Mill Creek) and exit the double doors in the gymnasium that lead to the same parking lot. The turnstile will not be used during the fall semester; however, students will still swipe their Blinn identification card for entrance.
- All Center visitors will wear gloves while working out per the Governor’s Strikeforce to Open Texas.
- Students are asked to still bring their own towel to use while working out; duffle bags or backpacks will not be permitted in the Center.
- Water fountains in the Kruse Center will be closed during the fall semester; the bottle filling stations will be open.
- Locker rooms and showers will remain closed until further notice. Students may use the lockers in the Weight Room to lock up valuables.
- Kruse Center staff will be checking temperatures of all who come to use the Center. Students who have a temperature above 100 degrees will not be permitted to enter the Center and they will be encouraged to visit the Campus Health Clinic.
- At the entrances, the Kruse Center staff is providing hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies; students are encouraged to use them frequently while in the Center.
- Kruse Center staff will wear gloves and masks.
- No community memberships will be sold during the fall semester.
Equipment and Activities
- Some of the equipment will be marked off as unavailable in order to maintain social distancing. Students are asked to please respect all of the signs posted in the Center.
- Students will be provided with wipes to clean equipment before and after each use.
- The basketball hoops will be raised; the gym section of the Center is closed for group use until further notice.
- Two lanes of the track will remain open; students are asked to keep a six-foot distance between themselves and others.
- Reservations will be required for the Weight Room, Track, and Group Fitness Classes (limit of 10 students per class). Students may visit the Kruse Center website to request use of these facilities; each student may sign up for one-hour block of time per day. Students who arrive later than five minutes for their assigned reservation must sign up for another time.
- The capacity of the Kruse Center will not exceed 50% for the Track, Weight Room, and Multipurpose Room. The Gymnasium will be closed.
- In addition to the Group Fitness Classes, the Kruse Center will offer virtual classes during the fall semester. Weather permitting, some of the Fitness Classes will be offered outside.
- Due to COVID-19, Intramurals will be offered virtually. Students who participate may win prizes, similar to offerings from last year.
Basketball and Volleyball Courts
Weight Equipment: free weights, in-select machines, power racks
Cardio Equipment: treadmills, ellipticals, exercise bikes, free run machines, rowing machines, stair steppers
Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms
For more information, email email@example.com or call 979-337-6540.
LOCATION: Student Center Room 111