Skip to main content


Start by submitting an online intake form. Be sure to provide documentation such as the child’s birth certificate, a doctor’s note, or a copy of a certified court order. Once the intake and documentation are submitted, Parenting Services will contact the student to schedule an intake appointment. During this appointment, the liaison and student will discuss the student’s needs and available resources. Special adjustments will be provided on a case-by-case basis according to the unique circumstances of each student.

Yes. Each semester, parenting services will re-evaluate the adjustments based on the student's stage of pregnancy or parenting. Students may not receive the same adjustments during their time at Blinn. The nature of the situation will impact the types of support needed. Students can request to renew services by clicking here.

Students experiencing normal pregnancies typically need “reasonable adjustments” and would go through Parenting Services. Students experiencing complications related to pregnancy may qualify for academic accommodations coordinated by The Office of Disability Services and Counseling if the complication(s) qualify as an impairment that substantially limits a major life activity. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 were designed to ensure that colleges and universities are free from discrimination in their recruitment, admission, and treatment of students. Please visit the Disability Services Office website for more information.

Accommodations provided by The Office of Disability Services and Counseling is entirely dependent upon the documentation with a clearly stated diagnosis and varies from student to student.

Reasonable adjustments for parenting students will vary based on student needs. Adjustments may include a larger desk, bathroom breaks, access to food/water during exams or extended time for exams. Keep in mind, every situation is unique, and adjustments may change throughout the student's tenure at the college.

If students are unsure of which department to contact, we recommend students contact either office to discuss their situation.