Housing Application Instructions for Spring 2021
Open Now - Spring 2021 Housing Application Instructions
- Log into myBLINN
- Select Student Services from the menu in the upper left corner, select Housing
- In Quick Links, click on Housing Application.
- Click on the Housing Application down arrow and select Spring 2021 Housing application
- Read and agree to the Housing Agreement
- Complete the housing application questions and preferences
- Students will be directed to pay the $125 non-refundable application fee via credit card or checking/savings account (e-check).* Payment is made online only at the time of the application.
- Students who do not have a credit card or checking/savings account can pay with a prepaid store credit card which can be purchased from a variety of retail stores, including Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS (Ex. MasterCard Green Dot or Walmart Money Card) No cash or money order can be accepted in person or by mail.
- Once payment is made, follow the same instructions to complete the Covid-19 addendum.
Checklist to Moving In
- Apply for housing and pay the $125 non-refundable application fee.
- Register for 12 hours.
- Get room assignment.
- Pay refundable $100 damage deposit.
- Check your total account balance and make sure your balance is satisfied either with financial aid or a payment plan.
- Once your account balance is satisfied, then you will receive an email sent to your Blinn email account to select your move-in date and time.
Paid and Registered Requirements
All students are required to be registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours in order to receive and maintain a room assignment. Students who drop below 12 credit hours at any time can have their room assignment canceled until they register for a minimum of 12 credit hours.
The Housing and Residence Life Office requires that a student be registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours and their bill paid in full before permitted to check-in. Setting up an installment plan through the Enrollment Services Office or accepting sufficient financial aid to cover your bill will satisfy the paid portion of the paid and registered requirement.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Blinn College District is taking extra precautions to protect the health and safety of its students, employees, and campus community. With this in mind, and in accordance with Board Policy FFAC(LOCAL), the College will conduct temperature checks of students during check-in and throughout the semester.
All students applying for housing should log into myBLINN at https://my.blinn.edu/Housing and complete the contract addendum related to this. Please note that your housing application will not be considered complete until this has been signed.
Refundable Damage Deposit
When you receive a room assignment, you will need to log into myBLINN and pay the $100 refundable damage deposit. This deposit will be refunded to your student account at the end of the academic year (or when you move out). Please note that this deposit will be applied to any outstanding balances on your account (damages to your room, parking tickets, etc.). If you do not pay this deposit within one week of receiving your room assignment, you will lose your space on campus until this refundable deposit has been paid.
Background Check Requirements
A portion of your application fee will pay for a criminal history check. Please be aware that if you have any convictions or pending charges for a Felony, Class A Misdemeanor, or Class B Misdemeanor, you will not be able to live on-campus, and your $125 application fee will not be refunded.
Out of State Students
If you are an out of state or out of country resident, please monitor your Blinn email account for an email from HireRight. Included in the email is a link for you to complete your background information. This information is necessary for a background check.
The Housing and Residence Life Office will assign the student a meal plan once you have a room assignment. All students living on-campus are required to have a meal plan. There are 3 types of meal plans:
Blue Meal plan - $1,725
Silver Meal plan - $1,500
Apartment Meal plan - $1,075 (Apartment assignment only)
Please note prices are subject to change.
Students who cancel their rooms prior to the start of school will have the full cost of their room removed from their bill. After the 8th week of school, no room refunds or meal plan refunds will be made. To receive a pro-rated refund for your room or meal plan, you must withdraw from classes.