Fall 2019 Graduation Ceremony Information
- All degree, certificate, and occupational skills award requirements must be completed in the semester of graduation.
- A graduation application must be submitted.
- All accounts must be paid in full at the Business Office.
- All holds must be cleared.
- No corsages may be worn on the graduation gown.
- Slacks or knee-length skirts are appropriate.
- Graduates may be standing for an extended period of time, so please wear comfortable shoes.
- Decorated graduation caps must be tasteful with no vulgar or inappropriate language or three-dimensional items extending from the cap that could obstruct others' view. Decorated caps will be reviewed at the ceremony check-in. If these guidelines are not met, the cap will be taken and a new cap will be issued for the ceremony.
Cap and Gown
The Blinn College District provides one set of a cap, gown, and tassel to each graduate participating in the ceremony at no cost. Graduates participating in the ceremony may pick up their cap and gown between November 18 and December 11, 2019. Gown sizes are based on height and plus sizes are available. Caps and gowns do not need to be pre-ordered. The cap, gown, and tassel can be picked up at either the Brenham or Bryan Student Activity Offices in the Student Center. If you are unable to get to the Brenham or Bryan Campus locations prior to December 10, 2019, please contact the Brenham Student Activities Office at 979-830-4558 or email@example.com or the Bryan Student Activity Office at 979-209-7260 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements for obtaining the cap and gown.
Procedure Before Graduation Ceremony
- Do not arrive at Bryan Performing Arts Center before 5:00 p.m. This is a regular business day for Blinn College and the staff will not be available to assist graduates or their guests before 5:00 p.m. Also, the Bryan Middle School students, faculty and staff will need time to leave the campus.
- There will be a come-and-go reception hosted by the Blinn College District Alumni and Friends Association for graduates and their guests at the Bryan Performing Arts Center from 5:00-5:45 p.m. The Alumni and Friends Association will send invitations for the reception.
- Graduation status emails are sent to students’ Blinn Buc email address within two weeks of applying. If the student is not receiving these emails through their Blinn Buc email account, please contact Kristi Reddoch ( email@example.com) at least a week before the ceremony to check your status.
- Graduates can check in and line up beginning at 5:45 p.m., and guests can start entering the auditorium at 5:45 p.m.
- Graduates are expected to be at Bryan Performing Arts Center no later than 6:10 p.m. Please plan accordingly so you do not arrive late for the ceremony. There is not a rehearsal beforehand. Blinn staff will direct graduates to the proper area to line up and throughout the ceremony. Please refer to the map below for directions to the center.
- At check-in, graduates will receive a card with their name and degrees, certificates, and/or occupational skills awards listed. Graduates must keep this card until they reach the stage, then give it to the reader. The card will be used to read your name and later for the photographer to contact you. Graduates who apply for graduation by November 15, 2019, and are in progress for Fall 2019 graduation or graduated in Summer 2019 will have a pre-printed card. For others, the card will be completed at check-in if needed.
- Graduates will line up according to degree (AA, AS, AAS, Certificates and Occupational Skills Awards). There will be staff members assisting in the line formation process throughout the ceremony.
- Students arriving late will be placed out of order at the end of the line.
- The procession leaves promptly at 6:20 p.m. following the administration and faculty.
- Please contact Disability Services at 979-209-7251 by November 18, 2019, if you will need assistance with seating arrangements, the procession, or crossing the stage.
- Please leave all personal belongings (purses, jackets, cell phones) with your guests prior to check-in. Blinn will not be responsible for any personal items left at the Bryan Performing Arts Center.
Procedure During Graduation Ceremony
- The tassel is worn on the right side of the cap.
- All graduates will walk in single file and remain standing until after the invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and the National Anthem (men, please remove caps).
- At check-in, graduates will receive a card with their name and degrees, certificates, and/or occupational skills listed. Graduates must keep this card until they reach the stage, then give it to the reader. The card will be used to read your name and later for the photographer to contact you.
- Each graduate will be recognized by the Chancellor and should receive the scroll in their left hand while shaking hands with their right hand. When leaving your seat to cross the stage, be sure to have your informational card with you. Please leave all other items in your seat.
- Diplomas, certificates, and occupational skills awards will not be distributed to graduates at the ceremony. Final grades are due on Friday, December 13, 2019. Diplomas, certificates, and occupational skills awards will be mailed beginning in January. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.
- Each graduate may invite as many guests as he/she desires. Please note that there is limited seating in the auditorium and seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be security on site to prevent reserved seating.
- Graduates and their guests are requested to be respectful to all graduates and the College by attending the entire ceremony.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices should be silenced.
- Absolutely no food, drinks, balloons, air horns, or other noisemakers in the auditorium.
- For information on obtaining a class ring, please contact the Blinn College Bookstore (Brenham: 979-251-7810 or Bryan: 979-775-1846).
- FLASH Photography is the official commencement photographer. Graduates will be photographed and proofs will be sent to each graduate the weeks after the ceremony. If you have any questions, please contact Flash directly via their website at www.FLASHphotography.com.
- Check the Graduation FAQs. For additional questions, please contact Kristi Reddoch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 979-830-4174.
Tassels, Stoles, and CordsMembers of the following organizations may obtain special tassels, stoles, or cords from the organization’s coordinators. Please contact the coordinator for price and pick-up location.
Phi Theta Kappa-Brenham
Office: Academic Building, Office 4
Office: Disability Services Office,
Phi Theta Kappa-Bryan
Sigma Kappa Delta-Brenham
Office: Academic Bldg, Room 14 (Writing Center)
Office: Academic Bldg, Office 13
Office: Academic Bldg, Office 5
Sigma Kappa Delta-Bryan
Mu Alpha Theta
Office: Academic Bldg, Office 19
Office: Rankin Ag Complex Building, Office 121
Student Government Association-Brenham
Office: Student Center, Room 111
Student Government Association-Bryan
Map to Bryan Performing Arts Center, 800 S. Coulter, Bryan, TX 77803