Eligibility and Testing Requirements
- See your high school counselor to begin the process
- Apply for admission to Blinn at applytexas.org
- Complete the Dual Credit Approval Form (must have Blinn ID to access)
- Have a “B” or higher average in completed coursework
- Submit an official high school transcript
- Satisfy the following Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment requirements or earn a qualifying exemption score on the ACT, SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, or Aspire exams.
Dual Credit Exemption Scores*
|Assessment||Math/ Algebra||ELA/Reading Skills||Combined/ Composite|
*Students must meet both relevant subject and composite score standards
1 SAT administered on or after March 5, 2016
2 SAT administered prior to March 5, 2016
3PSAT/NMSQT administered on or after October 15, 2015
4PSAT/NMSQT administered prior to October 15, 2015
5Student must successfully complete the course in which they placed to be considered TSI complete.
6 Students using these scores for an exemption must make a “C” or better the first semester, or they will need to take the TSIA to continue in the Dual Credit Program.
|350 or higher||351 or higher||Essay Score of 5 or higher OR Essay Score of 4 and MC Score of 340 or higher|
Dual Credit TSIA Scores
Both reading and writing requirements must be met to qualify for ENGL courses.
Dual Credit STAAR EOC Scores
Students may use STAAR EOC English II and Algebra I scores for dual credit. Minimum scores of 4,000 are required for both. Student must also have a passing grade for Algebra II. The math score is only needed if taking a math dual credit course. Students using these scores for an exemption must make a “C” or higher the first semester, or they will need to take the TSIA to continue in the Dual Credit Program.