Critical Incident Response Team
Welcome to Blinn College in Bryan, TX. It is with pride that I introduce you to Blinn’s Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT). The idea for CIRT came about in 1999 and by the year 2001, the team was formed and trained. As you can see by our mission and information statements, we are a group of dedicated volunteers that assist the campus police in the event of a critical incident. The CIRT operates under the authority of campus police.
Volunteer to provide for a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors.
Act in accordance to campus policy to respond to any critical incident that may occur on our campuses in which volunteers are needed.
Blinn College Critical Incident Response Team is comprised of over 30 faculty & staff volunteers committed to respond during a critical incident. The Critical Incident Response Team is a group of volunteers trained to assist in mitigation, response, and recovery processes of critical incidents. While not trained to be police officers, firefighters, or medical personnel, the team members have immediate communication access to trained professionals.
- Are You Ready? An overview of how residents of the Houston Region can make themselves ready for disasters. (English with subtitles and American Sign Language)produced by Ready Houston
- Make the Call- Employee Version. (English with subtitles and American Sign Language)produced by Ready Houston
- Together Against the Weather. (English with subtitles and American Sign Language) produced by Ready Houston
- RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event produced by Ready Houston
- Active shooter: what can you do (IS-907) >by FEMA
Emergency Management Trainings
- CIRT Command Structure
- Introduction to the Incident Command System for Higher Education (IS-100.HE) by FEMA
- Introduction to the Incident Command system for Higher Education (IS-100.HE)
- Active Shooter Preparedness ( http://www.dhs.gov/active-shooter-preparedness)
- Just in Time Disaster Training Videos ( http://www.drc-group.com/project/jitt.html)
- Crowd Management Training session (Registration fee: $19.95) http://www.crowdmanagers.com/)
- Make the call: See something say something (Employee Version) by Ready Houston Texas
- Targeted Violence in Higher Education: Factors and Risk by Cameron House and Dr. Duane Runyan, Rock Prairie Behavior Health
- Workplace security awareness (IS-906) by FEMA