Blinn-TEEX Police Academy Partnership
Through a partnership between the Blinn College District and the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX), students enrolled in the TEEX Central Texas Police Academy can co-enroll at Blinn. Through this partnership, students receive 20 college credit hours and the Basic Peace Officer Academy Certificate from the Blinn College District. Additionally, those college credit hours can be used to earn Blinn’s Law Enforcement Technology Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree.
College credit allows students to expand their potential job opportunities and expands students' eligibility for financial aid. Financial aid can be used to reduce the cost of the police academy if your sponsoring agency does not cover this fee in its entirety, or you may use financial aid to assist with other Blinn courses that count toward a certificate or degree.
Asking your sponsoring agency if you are receiving college credit while attending the TEEX Central Texas Police Academy is a great first step. Remember, all cadets are eligible to receive 20 college credit hours and the Basic Peace Officer Academy Certificate.
Blinn and TEEX have different registration processes. Please keep in mind that you will need to stay in contact with TEEX concerning its registration requirements.
- Apply to Blinn at www.applytexas.org.
- Submit official high school transcript to Blinn. If you already have college credit, you only need to submit the official transcript(s) from the previously attended college(s).
- Submit your bacterial meningitis vaccination record to Blinn. Click here for more information.
- Take a college assessment exam.
If you have satisfactory scores on a previous college transcript, re-taking the test is not necessary.
- Apply for financial aid.
- Set-up an advising appointment with Janet McNutt at email@example.com or call 979-209-7375
Business & Public Services Programs Facilitator
Blinn College Bryan Campus - H-182
Criminal Justice Program Coordinator
Blinn College Bryan Campus - E-231