- Please plan for your appointment to last for about an hour. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for any appointment, you will be asked to reschedule. Please arrive 15 minutes early to your scheduled appointment.
- Appointments must be scheduled in advance and are made on a first come, first-served basis. There is no guarantee students can receive same-day appointments due to prior commitments or appointments.
- If your needs would best be met by another department at Blinn or by an agency/professional in the community, your counselor will provide an appropriate referral resource.
- It is important for you to keep ALL scheduled appointments and arrive on time. If you are unable to keep an appointment, you must call the Counseling Office at least 24 hours in advance. If due to a rare emergency or illness, you must contact the department and cancel as far in advance as possible.
- If you miss an appointment and do not reschedule within one business day, further appointments with a counselor cannot be guaranteed.
- Just as you and your counselor work together to identify goals during counseling appointments, the ending of counseling also should be planned. Short-term counseling is provided, but please discuss with your counselor when you think you are ready to end counseling.