Alcohol, Drugs, and Weapons
- The use, possession, and distribution of alcoholic beverages at Blinn College District campuses and locations must comply with Texas law and with College District policies and rules.
- The purchase, possession, consumption, or transportation of an alcoholic beverage by anyone under the age of 21 is forbidden.
- Violations result in criminal citations or arrest.
- The medically unsupervised use, possession, sale, manufacture, or distribution of drugs classified as illegal is prohibited by state law. Any violation on campus is vigorously investigated by the College Police.
- Offenses occurring off campus are investigated by the police agency with jurisdiction.
WeaponsState law prohibits the open carrying of firearms on Blinn campuses and properties. Credentialed License to Carry (LTC) holders must follow state laws and Blinn College Policy CHF (LOCAL). For more information regarding campus carry, visit www.blinn.edu/campus-carry.
Violations of state law are prosecuted as felonies, and student violations may also result in disciplinary action.
Crime Information and Statistics
- The College Police Department makes crime reports available to the media, the public and various campus offices identifying the type, location and time of each crime reported. The department also completes a monthly crime report available upon request.
- All major crime statistics are submitted to the FBI and the Texas Department of Public Safety. Those agencies, in turn, publish them for the news media and other interested parties. These statistics also are reported annually by the U.S. Department of Justice.
- In compliance with the Higher Education Amendments of 1992, Blinn has published a brochure for student and employees defining sexual assault, educational programs, reporting and enforcement procedures, sanctions for the offender, victim options, and support services.