Facilitated through the Office of Prospective Student Relations, Blinn Ambassadors provide tours for prospective students and their families, speak to school and civic groups, and assist with Preview Days, Advising Days, and the first week of classes. Ambassadors serve an average of 15 hours per week throughout the semester for a total of 210 hours, and will earn $8.00 per hour for Federal Work-Study.
Blinn Ambassador positions are limited, so students are encouraged to apply quickly. Each semester, six Blinn ambassadors are chosen to represent the Brenham and Bryan Campuses, and one student is chosen at the RELLIS Campus. Selection is based on communication skills, academic standing, leadership, composure, responsibility, and availability to perform
- Must qualify for Federal Work-Study
- Completed at least six credit hours at Blinn
- Minimum 2.5 GPA (submit unofficial transcript printed from myBLINN.)
- Recommendation letter from at least one Blinn faculty or staff member addressing the applicants' communication skills, responsibility, and reliability
- Ability to communicate effectively to large groups
- Good leadership skills
- Sensitive to individuals who require special assistance
- Value diversity
- Available to work a minimum of 210 hours per long semester and 60 hours per summer session (averaging 15 hours per week)
Please complete the application for the campus you wish to serve as a Blinn Ambassador.
Office of Prospective Student Relations-Brenham Campus
Administration Building, Room 211
Office of Prospective Student Relations-Bryan Campus
A Building, Room 101