Skip to main content

Scholarship Opportunities

Blinn's Division of Applied Technology, Workforce, and Economic Development provides a number of avenues for scholarships. Traditional financial aid is not typically available for non-credit courses, but please pursue the following:

Blinn College District Endowed Scholarships

If you are taking credit courses, you can apply for more than 300 scholarships through Blinn's Endowed Scholarship Application. To apply for an endowed scholarship, you must have completed your application for admission to Blinn at and submitted your high school transcripts to the Admissions Office. To be considered for need-based scholarships, you also must complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Duddlesten Scholarships

With the support from the Wayne Duddlesten Foundation, students enrolled in Blinn College District Associate of Applied Science and career and applied technology, workforce, and economic development programs can receive Duddlesten Scholarships to support their educational journey. Scholarships are available for both credit and non-credit programs.

Private Scholarships and Grants

Students may apply for any of the following scholarships, as applicable.

Texas Elks State Association Vocational Grant

  • The Texas Elks State Association (TESA) provides vocational grants for any prospective student 18 years or older to pay tuition for a certificate program up to a two-year program in a technical or vocational area. For more information or to apply, please refer to the TESA Vocational Grant Application.

Gene Haas Foundation Grants

  • This scholarship program's primary goal is to build skills in the machining industry by providing scholarships for CNC machine technology students. For more information or to apply, please visit the Gene Haas Foundation website.

Workforce Solutions

Your local workforce board has scholarship monies available on a case-by-case basis for unemployed, under-employed, and dislocated workers. Before registering for classes at Blinn, contact your local board to see if you qualify: