Skip to main content

Transfer Your Degree

Preparing to transfer to a four-year institution can be one of the most exciting aspects of your college experience. However, each university has unique admissions and degree requirements, it is important to speak with an academic advisor every semester to ensure that your courses transfer and you meet application deadlines and grade-point average requirements.

You should be certain you understand all of the requirements for admission at your chosen university, such as:

  • Application deadlines
  • Minimum grade point average requirements
  • Course transfer equivalency
  • Limits on the number of credit hours that are acceptable in transfer
  • Policies on acceptance of repeated courses and courses with a grade of “D”

By consulting the four-year institution regularly and taking advantage of the resources offered at the college, you may ensure that the transfer process is a positive experience.

Of equal importance is a personal visit to the chosen institution. Many senior institutions plan special activities and campus visitation periods where you can meet with representatives from all areas of the institution.

Official Transcript Request

Major Guidelines to Texas Institutions

Major guidelines to specific four-year Texas institutions can be located in the institutions catalog, web pages, Blinn’s web page under University Connection, Counseling Services web page under Academic Advising, and below. Some guidelines compare Blinn’s courses with the receiving institution’s courses while others only offer the senior institution’s course name and number. Information regarding which majors are offered at different Texas colleges is available online.

Course Equivalency Guides

Equivalency guides offer a listing of how courses transfer to each specific institution. This information can be helpful if you have selected a senior institution but have not chosen a major yet. You should note that the transfer equivalencies offer information on how, or if, courses are generally accepted by the senior institution and do not indicate how these courses will apply toward a particular major or degree program.

Transfer Partnerships

The Texas Common Course Numbering System and each university’s transfer guides provide general information regarding how your community college credits may transfer to your university of choice. These transfer partnerships outline specific degree pathways that allow students to begin their college career at Blinn and apply those courses seamlessly toward their chosen bachelor’s degree. To assist students with more specific information regarding specific degree pathways, Blinn has entered into a number of transfer partnerships with four-year universities. 

Search by Major

BS in Education - Grades 4-8 (Available through the CAPS Program with the University of Houston-Victoria)

BS in Education - Early Childhood through Sixth Grade (Available through the CAPS Program with the University of Houston-Victoria)

BS in Education (EC-6 Bilingual), Sam Houston State University

BS in Education (EC-6 Core with EC-12 Special Education Certification), Sam Houston State University

BA in English (Available through the CAPS Program with the University of Houston-Victoria)

BAAS - General Studies (Available through the CAPS Program with the University of Houston-Victoria)

BS in General Studies, Tarleton State University (Available through the RELLIS Academic Alliance)


Search by University

Transfer Your Degree Home Academic Advisor Resources