Blinn College Foundation Gifts
For many students, the Foundation makes education a reality. For faculty and staff, it may mean improved tools, technology, or training. For the community, it means an investment in our future.
Tax-deductible contributions come in many forms – cash, stocks, real estate, securities, life insurance, and bequests. Named scholarships or other endowed funds may be established with a one-time gift or structured pledge.
Every contribution to the Foundation helps Blinn College meet its goals and initiate new projects throughout each of our five campuses. Each gift shows support of public higher education.
If you haven’t had time to make a donation, please take a moment to do it now. Philanthropic support allows us to provide an increasing number of opportunities for students.
Please call the foundation to make an appointment with a member of the staff by calling 979-830-4017, or stop by the Whigham House.
The Gift Process
As a part of the mission of the Blinn College Foundation, it is our goal to provide top-notch customer service and handle each gift professionally and efficiently. The information below highlights the general steps taken when processing a gift within the Foundation.
- We provide a gift agreement. It will be at the discretion of the Blinn College Foundation Board in determining whether a gift agreement is needed for major gifts and pledges. For smaller gifts, donors may specify their preferences with pledge cards, letters, or notes in their checks.
- We convert the gift to cash. Non-cash gifts (securities or real estate) require special processing by the Blinn College Foundation Board. The Foundation converts these gifts to cash.
- We place the gift in a specified account. All gifts received are placed into an endowed or non-endowed operational account that is specified by the donor. All funds are disbursed from accounts in accordance with donor preferences.
- A receipt is sent. For donations made online, an automated receipt is generated. For donations received through the mail or in person, a mailed receipt is provided. If you have a question about a receipt, contact Susan Myers.
- Funds are disbursed to Blinn College. All endowed gifts are invested until enough proceeds are available to fund the request. If a gift is non-endowed, the Foundation disburses the gift as designated by the donor when requested by the College.
For more information on the gift process or how you can give, please contact Susan Myers.
Honorary and Memorial Gifts
Making a gift in honor or in memory of a friend or family member is a personal and thoughtful way to recognize an individual's life and accomplishments.
Once an honorarium or memorial gift is given to the Blinn College Foundation, a note is sent to the honoree or next of kin, and the gift is used as specified.
Honorariums and memorial gifts can be made via check or credit card. Checks should be made payable to the Blinn College Foundation and have an attached note that specifies the honoree's name or memorial information and the address of the honoree or next of kin.
If you choose to make an online credit card donation, you can donate to the account of your choice or select "Other." Please include the honoree's name and address or the address of the next of kin in the "Additional Comments or Instructions" box.
In today's business sector, many companies offer matching gift programs for employees who make charitable contributions to non-profit entities. This allows you as the donor to potentially double, triple, or quadruple the amount of your gift to Blinn College. In addition, many companies offer this same incentive to retirees and widows of employees.
Matching gifts through your company may be accepted by check, cash, or credit card. Each company has its own rules for matching gifts. If you have questions regarding whether your organization matches gifts, please contact your human resources department.