Entrance RequirementsThe following are required to apply for entry into the Vocational Nursing Program:
- Must participate with either an online or a face-to-face Program Information Session Click here for dates
- Complete the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills). The test will include Reading, Math, English and Science. TEAS Study Manual – 6th Edition can be purchased online at http://atitesting.com/ati_store/TEAS-Products.aspx
Applicants must score a minimum score of 33.3 % on science and a minimum score of 50% on all other sections of the test to be considered for admission into the program. Detailed information regarding ATI TEAS will be addressed in the information sessions. VOCN applicants may take the ATI TEAS after participating with an information session. All applicants to the VOCN program on the Brenham Campus may ONLY take the computer version of the TEAS. It can be taken twice with a wait-period of four weeks (28 days) between testing dates.
Application and acceptance into Blinn College. Click here for more information on application to Blinn College. Admission to the College does not guarantee admission to the Vocational Nursing Program. Acceptance into the Blinn Vocational Nursing Program does not guarantee graduation from the Blinn Vocational Nursing Program.
- Must have TSI (Texas Success Initiative) status of college ready or exempt. If not exempt: You must take a state-mandated assessment in addition to the ATI TEAS. Blinn uses the TSI Assessment (TSIA) to determine the proper placement in coursework based on the student’s skills in the respected area. You must have “college ready” TSI scores to be admitted to Blinn Vocational Nursing Program. For more information, click here .
- Return completed Allied Health Program Student Application (distributed following participation with an information session) and TEAS scores by deadline.
- Provide a high school transcript, college transcript, or G.E.D. certificate with application.
- Proof of up-to-date immunizations including the hepatitis B series. Click here for more information on immunizations.
- Possess good physical and mental health.
- Functional use of the senses of vision, hearing, smell, and touch with or without technical (mechanical) compensation.
- Possess computer skills. All courses are computer-assisted and some are totally online.
- Demonstrate the emotional health required for full utilization of intellectual abilities.
- Exercise good judgment.
NOTE: Certain criminal convictions prevent applicants from attending clinical and taking the licensure exam, click here for more information.
Upon acceptance into the program, students are required to complete a drug screen, criminal background check, CPR course, and a health/physical exam at their own expense.