Blinn College Vocational Nursing Program is offered on two campuses.
The Brenham campus accepts 30 students each fall semester.
The Bryan campus accepts 30 students each fall semester.
Entrance into the program:
- Applicants are required to take the ATI TEAS test for entrance into the VOCN Program. Composite scores are calculated using the combined ATI TEAS scores.
- Acceptance to the program is based on the top 30 qualified applicants. A qualified applicant is one who has a composite score of 65% or higher or a composite score with additional qualifying points to equal 65% or higher.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING POINT SYSTEM IS AS FOLLOWS:
- One point for 20 or more volunteer hours in the last 12 months documented on official organization letterhead (excluding court-ordered community service).
- One point for completing one or more health field college courses, official transcript required.
- One point for having one or more college degrees, official transcript required.
- One point for having one or more Health Science certifications OR 2 or more years of healthcare employment involving direct patient interaction. (i.e. receptionist, administrative assistant, etc.)
Example of composite including qualifying additional points:
An applicant with a composite ATI TEAS score of 63% including 2 qualifying additional points would have a calculated score of 65 and would be considered a qualified applicant.
More ATI TEAS information will be addressed on Slide 17.
- A college ready status of the Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) is required in order to participate with the Vocational Nursing Program. As of August 26, 2013, Blinn College will use the Texas Successful Initiative Assessment (TSIA) to determine the proper placement in coursework based on the student's skills in the respected area.
Links for more TSIA information and exemption requirements are provided on Web Link page at the close of this online session.