The following requirements MUST be met before a student makes application to the Veterinary Technology Program. Application deadline is May 31. Failure to complete any of these requirements prior to the application deadline, disqualifies an individual for the current year’s application process.
- Apply to Blinn College. If you are not a current student at Blinn College, please apply at this time. Go to http://www.blinn.edu/admissions/ for instructions. Select PVTH (Pre-Veterinary Technology) as your major and indicate Spring 2017 as your intended semester even though the program does not begin until Fall 2017.
- Proof of Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Status- Applicants must be “college ready” in all sections based on results of assessment of through exemption. See the following URL for full explanation. Your TSI standing is generally indicated on your official transcript. http://www.blinn.edu/admissions/success_initiative.html
- Attend a Veterinary Technology informational meeting or watch the online informational. Applications will only be distributed at these meetings or emailed upon receiving your online score report.
- Have completed the following prerequisite courses with at least a “C” in each course, and math and science courses must have been completed within the last 10 years:
Math 1314 or 1324 (or higher)
These courses may be in progress during the spring semester prior to the fall for which admission is sought, but final grades must appear on the official transcript that is submitted with the application packet. It is highly recommended that students have an overall GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- Complete the ATI TEAS – Allied Health. Enclose score sheet in your application packet.
- Must have a minimum of 40 hours veterinary supervised clinical experience. Documentation will be required. Documentation forms are included in the application packet