1. Apply to Blinn College and meet Blinn College requirements for admission. Application can be picked up at Blinn College’s admissions office or found online at http://www.blinn.edu/admissions/.
- Meet Texas Success Initiative (TSI) assessment requirements Some students may be exempt from TSI requirements. Check with your advisor for more details.
- Submit all transcripts to Blinn College.
2. Attend a mandatory Fire Science Pre-Academy Informational Session. Students can sign up for Information Sessions by contacting Nathan Sivils at 979-691-2436.
3. TEEX and Blinn College require students to take and successfully complete an EMT-Basic Course before attending the recruit academy. Current immunizations, including Hepatitis B is required upon admission to Blinn College’s EMT-Basic course. If the EMT-B course is completed at another training institution a student must show proof of completion with the National Registry card.
4.Notify the Administrative Assistant at Blinn College Fire Science Program 979-691-2130 of your recruit academy dates. She will be responsible for registering students for the Academy.
5. Fill out the FAFSA for Federal Student Aid. Any questions regarding student financial aid should be directed to Pam Brush at 979-209-7236 or Pam.Brush@blinn.edu.
If you have any questions regarding the above process please notify Nathan Sivils.
Fire Science Program Director,