Selection is based on the following criteria:
- GPA - minimum 2.5
- TEAS V - Allied Health scores
- Completion of general education courses
BIOL 2401 and 2402 within 5 years of application and
BIOL 2420 or 2421 within 3 years of application
- A general category including total number of hours in college, degree completion, letters of recommendation, work experience (dental or non-dental)
- Community service, documented with organization contact information, supervisor’s name and signature. Must be completed Feb. 1, 2014 – Jan. 31, 2015. No exceptions.
- Observation of a dental hygienist, documented with office contact information, hygienist’s name, license number and signature. Observation MUST occur Feb. 1, 2014 – Jan. 31, 2015.
- an interview
You must submit scores for all sections of the TEAS V .
Blinn College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability in its programs or activities. For information regarding Title IX, ADA, Section 504 and other anti-discrimination coordinators, see the Required Notices link on the Blinn College main webpage.
Dental assistants must observe, as well. Simply working as a dental assistant will not substitute for direct observation, unless you are a dental hygiene assistant. Observation must occur between the following dates: February 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015. No exceptions.