Selection is based on the following criteria:
- GPA - minimum 2.5
- TEAS V - Allied Health scores
- Completion of general education courses
BIOL 2401 and 2402 within 5 years of application and
BIOL 2420 or 2421 within 3 years of application
- A general category including total number of hours in college, degree completion, letters of recommendation, work experience (dental or non-dental)
- Community service, documented with organization contact information, supervisor’s name and signature. Must be completed Feb. 1, 2014 – Jan. 31, 2015. No exceptions.
- Observation of a dental hygienist, documented with office contact information, hygienist’s name, license number and signature. Observation MUST occur Feb. 1, 2014 – Jan. 31, 2015.
- an interview
You must submit scores for all sections of the TEAS V .
Dental assistants must observe, as well. Simply working as a dental assistant will not substitute for direct observation, unless you are a dental hygiene assistant. Observation must occur between the following dates: February 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015. No exceptions.