Associate Degree Nursing Program Admission Criteria
Acceptance to the Associate Degree Nursing Program is competitive. Students seeking admission to the nursing program must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be TSI compliant. http://www.blinn.edu/testing/tsia.html.
- Achieve at least a “C” in all prerequisite and co-requisite courses and must have at least a 2.5 overall GPA in all prerequisite and co-requisite courses to enter the program. (NOTE: Most students admitted have above a 3.00 GPA.)
- Complete prerequisites and as many of the academic co-requisite courses as possible. Co-requisites are not required to apply but will result in a higher ranking score, if some/all are complete at time of application. Applicants must supply final grades to the ADN Office, only if taking courses elsewhere.
- Complete pre-admission TEAS V (Test of Essential Academic Skills) with an overall Academic Preparedness Level of Proficient or above. Applicant is ineligible for admission if Academic Preparedness Level is Basic or Developmental. TEAS V must be completed prior to applying to ADN program and TEAS V score sheet must be included in ADN application packet.
- International students must have passed all sections of TOEFL.
- Complete a criminal background check, drug screen, healthcare provider CPR certification, and current immunizations and tests, including Hepatitis B. The Hepatitis B immunization is a three to six month series.
Admission criteria are subject to change. It is the student’s responsibility to remain current with admission requirements.