Photo ID Information for Test Takers
Acceptable forms of Photo ID:
- Valid and current driver’s license or state/federal government issued ID
- Valid and current school ID card
- Valid and current Passport
- Valid and current Military card
- Bank card with photo on card (must have a 2nd form of ID, for example, a Social Security card)
- Student ID Form printed on school stationery that the student has signed in the presence of the school principal, counselor or school official, who must cosign it. The original Form, not a copy, must include a photo, and the school seal must overlap the photo. This Form must be dated and is good for only one year.
- Current alien registration card
- Matricula Consular, useful in the U.S. only for illegal aliens, since legal immigrants, by definition, have U.S. government-issued documents.
Home Schooled Students or Junior High Students (7, 8 & 9 grade age level)
- An identification card (from DPS) or form provided by the sponsoring program or Junior HS and the school seal must overlap the photo. This Form must be dated and is good for only one year.
- Any form of photo ID acceptable for other students (see above).
Test takers without one of the above forms of Photo ID will not be able to test.
Unacceptable Forms of ID:
- Birth certificate
- Social Security card
- Documents bearing only a name and/or signature
- Pay stub
- Insurance card
- Photo Texas pictures
- Bank card w/o photo
- Library card
- Fishing License
- Private or Public employment ID card
All forms of identification must be original. Photocopies will not be accepted.