Reverse Transfer

Get your associate degree after you transfer!

If you transfer to a university before graduating from Blinn, you can still earn your associate degree through reverse transfer. This process recognizes your accomplishments and awards you the important credential you deserve. For students who transfer to most Texas universities, this is an automated system.

How does it work?

  • Give your university consent to release your transcript to Blinn. This is an option on the Apply Texas Admission Application, which is used for all public universities as well as some private institutions (if you’re not sure you consented or you already graduated with a bachelor’s degree, contact your university or college’s registrar’s office).
  • At the end of each semester, universities automatically send Blinn a list of students who may qualify for an associate degree and approved sharing their transcripts.
  • Blinn evaluates those students’ transcripts. You will be notified if you have earned an associate degree.

Am I eligible?

Yes, if:

  • You earned at least 15 credits from Blinn and if you meet residency requirements.
  • You’ve earned at least 60 credits total, including coursework completed at your college or university and you meet the requirements for your degree with courses taken at Blinn and the other institution.

Ready for reverse transfer now?

Follow these simple steps to get your associate degree from Blinn:

  1. Request an official transcript from the university you are attending to be sent to Blinn.
  2. Apply for reverse transfer using the Blinn graduation application
  3. Please provide accurate contact information so that Blinn personnel can share updates.