Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham accepting applications through June 30
Co-enrollment program allows students to take Blinn and Texas A&M courses while living and learning together on the Blinn-Brenham Campus
May 26, 2020
More than a month remains for high-achieving engineering students to apply for admission to the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham.
The Blinn College Engineering Department and Texas A&M University College of Engineering, which recently announced that they would expand the program to accept 150 students this Fall, will accept applications through Tuesday, June 30.
The Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham gives talented students an opportunity to pursue their engineering degree while co-enrolled at Texas A&M University and the Blinn College District.
Students accepted to the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham participate in a living and learning community, allowing participants to live on campus and take their first-year math, science, and engineering courses together. Texas A&M College of Engineering courses are taught on the Brenham Campus by Texas A&M faculty.
Benefits of the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham include:
- Optional early entry to an engineering major at Texas A&M upon completion of the required math sequence (Calculus I, II, and III) for the desired major, or when the math requirement for the engineering area of interest is met.
- The opportunity to enroll in engineering courses previously reserved only for students admitted to the Texas A&M College of Engineering.
- The opportunity to participate in all student activities and organizations to the fullest extent possible at both institutions, including the option to attend Texas A&M Fish Camp and to purchase a Texas A&M Sports Pass, as well as NJCAA sports, if taking at least 12 hours at Blinn (in addition to Texas A&M classes).
- Taking math, science, and engineering courses with the same students and developing a community of engineering academic peers.
- Enrolling in quality Blinn courses with smaller student-faculty ratios.
- An economical pathway to Texas A&M University, with a savings of approximately $3,000 per semester for students taking 15 credit hours.
- Guaranteed full admission to Texas A&M University upon timely completion of all program requirements (an admission application and fee is not required).
Students who choose to transfer to Texas A&M prior to completing the Engineering Academy program requirements will be considered for full admission on the same basis as all transfer students.
“I honestly do not think I would be where I am right now if I had not enrolled in the Engineering Academy,” said Peter Blank, an Engineering Academy graduate and member of the Texas A&M College of Engineering Class of 2020.
The application process starts with prequalification. To prequalify, complete the ApplyTexas application for Blinn. Select Brenham as the campus choice and engineering as the major. Students should complete the general admissions requirements based on their situation and submit official SAT and/or ACT scores to Blinn. Transfer college students also must submit a Prospective Candidate Form while current Blinn College students only need to submit a Prospective Candidate form.
Students who meet the minimum requirements for the Academy will receive an email notification containing the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham program application link. For more information regarding the application process, please visit www.blinn.edu/engineering-academy-brenham.
Upon acceptance to the Engineering Academy, students must complete all admission requirements for both Blinn and Texas A&M by the respective deadlines of each institution.
For more information about Blinn’s Engineering Department, including its partnership in the Engineering Academies and its Associate of Science Degree in Engineering, visit www.blinn.edu/engineering.
Director of Communications, Media Relations, and Marketing
Blinn College District
Marketing & Communications
902 College Ave.
Brenham, TX 77833
About Blinn College
With an enrollment of 19,581 students, Blinn ranks among the nation’s leaders in transferring students to leading four-year universities and has received national recognition for affordable educational excellence.