Blinn College District and Blinn Foundation thank donors of 17 new endowed scholarships
Current high school and college students can apply for Blinn scholarships now
February 21, 2020
The Blinn College District and the Blinn College Foundation thanked the donors of 17 new endowed scholarships during a celebratory luncheon Friday, Feb. 21, on the Blinn-Brenham Campus.
The luncheon celebrated gifts that established or expanded 17 endowed scholarships:
- the Nancy and Leonard Berry Endowed Scholarship,
- the Ancel Boswell, Jr. Endowed Scholarship,
- three Brenham/Somerville Order of the Eastern Star Endowed Scholarships,
- the Chuck and Tedi Ellison Endowed Scholarship,
- the Bettye Pylant Honerkamp Nursing Scholarship,
- the Dr. A.C. “Buddy” and Judy Krizan Endowed Scholarship,
- the Hayley McHam Memorial Scholarship,
- the Kenneth Mutscher Agriculture Endowed Scholarship established by Bluebonnet Electric Cooperative,
- the Glenwood and Shirley Prenzler Endowed Scholarship,
- the Schoenvogel Family Endowed Scholarship,
- the Larry Wahrmund Endowed Scholarship,
- the Warren Masonic Lodge Scholarship III,
- the F.W. “Bert” and Mae Dean Wheeler Memorial Endowed Scholarship,
- and the Wiese-Woods-Smith Endowed Scholarship.
Current high school and college students can apply for Blinn scholarships by completing the application at www.blinn.edu/scholarships. Prior to applying for scholarships, students must complete their application for admission to Blinn College at www.applytexas.org.
Officials recommend that students and prospective students submit their application and letter(s) of recommendation by April 1, 2020, to be considered for the first round of awards. Students will be notified of scholarship awards beginning in May.
Endowed scholarships are available to incoming and returning students from a wide range of backgrounds, majors, and experiences. Though some scholarships are restricted to students who fit specific criteria, if a student who exemplifies those requirements does not apply, the scholarship may be offered to a wider range of students. Students are considered based on high academic achievement, participation in student activities, and community involvement.
Almost all Blinn students are eligible for a scholarship, including but not limited to:
- students attending the Brenham, Bryan, RELLIS, Schulenburg, or Sealy campuses;
- Austin, Brazos, Burleson, Lee, Grimes, Fayette, and Waller county students;
- students majoring in accounting, business, digital arts, education, English, graphic design, history, kinesiology, real estate certificate, speech, and theatre arts;
- members of the Phi Theta Kappa honor society;
- students accepted into the Brenham or Bryan Campus Licensed Vocational Nursing programs or the Bryan Campus Associate Degree Nursing Program;
- Blinn athletes and students who were athletes in high school;
- and students who participate in leadership activities or are involved in 4-H, FFA, or a church youth group.
A full list of the College’s endowed scholarships is available at http://catalog.blinn.edu. Students also can fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
Students who have applied for admission to Blinn College will be notified through myBLINN when their aid processing has begun and can find updates throughout the process at www.blinn.edu/financial-aid.
For more information, contact a scholarship advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Blinn Foundation is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization designed to provide financial support for programs and activities that enhance the quality of education for Blinn College students and expand educational opportunities for the entire community. The Foundation supports the College by generating private and corporate gifts for scholarships, academic programs, student activities, campus buildings, and special events, and also seeks to heighten community awareness of the mission and accomplishments of the College and to promote excellence in education. For more information, visit https://foundation.blinn.edu.
Director of Communications, Media Relations, and Marketing
Blinn College District
Marketing & Communications
902 College Ave.
Brenham, TX 77833
About Blinn College
With an enrollment of 19,581 students, Blinn ranks among the nation’s leaders in transferring students to leading four-year universities and has received national recognition for affordable educational excellence.