Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham accepting applications
Students can apply for the Fall semester through June 30
June 12, 2019
The Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham is accepting applications for the Fall semester until Sunday, June 30.
The Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham gives talented students an opportunity to pursue their engineering degree while co-enrolled at Texas A&M University and the Blinn College District.
Students accepted to the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham participate in a living and learning community, allowing participants to live in Mill Creek Hall on campus, and take their first-year math, science, and engineering courses together. Texas A&M College of Engineering courses are taught on the Brenham Campus by Texas A&M faculty.
Benefits of the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham include:
- the opportunity to enroll in engineering courses previously reserved only for students admitted to Texas A&M College of Engineering.
- the opportunity to participate in all student activities and organizations to the fullest extent possible at both institutions, as well as NJCAA sports, if taking at least 12 hours at Blinn (in addition to Texas A&M classes).
- taking math, science, and engineering courses with the same students and developing a community of engineering academic peers.
- enrolling in quality Blinn courses with smaller student-faculty ratios.
- an economical pathway to Texas A&M University, with a savings of approximately $3,000 per semester for students taking 15 credit hours.
The application process starts with prequalification. To prequalify, complete the ApplyTexas application for Blinn. Select Brenham as the campus choice and engineering as the major. Complete the general admissions requirements based on your situation, and submit official SAT and/or ACT scores to Blinn. Transfer college students also must submit a Prospective Candidate Form while current Blinn College students only need to submit a Prospective Candidate form.
Students who have met the minimum requirements for the Academy will receive an email notification containing the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham program application link. For more information regarding the application process, please visit www.blinn.edu/engineering-academy-brenham/admissions-process.html.
Upon acceptance to the Engineering Academy, students will be required to complete all admission requirements for both Blinn and Texas A&M by the respective deadlines of each institution.
Director of Communications, Media Relations, and Marketing
Blinn College District
Marketing & Communications
902 College Ave.
Brenham, TX 77833
About Blinn College
With an enrollment of 19,581 students, Blinn ranks among the nation’s leaders in transferring students to leading four-year universities and has received national recognition for affordable educational excellence.