Blinn College District, Blinn Foundation thank donors of 10 endowed scholarships
Scholarship donors and recipients are honored during special luncheon
February 8, 2019
The Blinn College District and Blinn College Foundation thanked the donors of 10 new endowed scholarships during a special luncheon Friday, Feb. 8, on the Blinn-Brenham Campus.
“This luncheon gives us an opportunity to bring our scholarship donors and student recipients together and to celebrate the impact these scholarships have on our students and community,” said Dr. Mary Hensley, Chancellor of the Blinn College District.
The luncheon celebrated gifts that established or expanded 10 endowed scholarships:
· the Ann Schwartz Bishop Endowed Scholarship,
· the Charles Heller Endowed Scholarship,
· the Blinn College Alumni and Friends Endowed Scholarships,
· the Virginia and Raymond Dietrich Endowed Scholarship,
· the Nevilee Dietrich Lauter Endowed Scholarship,
· the Jack Arlitt Technical Endowed Scholarship,
· the Emil and Elaine Thomas Endowed Scholarship,
· the Owen Marshall Endowed Scholarship,
· and the Warren Masonic Lodge #56 Scholarship.
Current high school and college students can apply for all Blinn scholarships by completing the single application at . Prior to applying for scholarships, students must complete their application for admission to Blinn College at and submit their high school transcripts to the Blinn Admissions Office.
College officials recommend that students and prospective students submit their application and letter(s) of recommendation by April 1, 2019, to be considered for the first round of awards. Students will be notified of scholarship awards beginning in May.
Funds from more than 200 endowed scholarships are available to incoming and returning students from a wide range of backgrounds, majors, and experiences. Though some scholarships are restricted to students who fit specific criteria, if a student who exemplifies those requirements does not apply, the scholarship may be offered to a wider range of students. Students are considered based on high academic achievement, participation in student activities, and community involvement.
Almost all Blinn students are eligible for scholarships, including but not limited to:
· students attending the Brenham, Bryan, Schulenburg, or Sealy campuses;
· Austin, Brazos, Burleson, Lee, Grimes, Fayette, and Waller county students;
· students majoring in education, kinesiology, English, history, accounting, business, speech, theatre arts, real estate certificate, digital arts, graphic design;
· Washington County residents majoring in the science, technology, engineering, and math fields; agriculture; computer science, English, and nursing;
· members of the Phi Theta Kappa honor society;
· students accepted into the Brenham or Bryan Campus Licensed Vocational Nursing programs or the Bryan Campus Associate Degree Nursing Program;
· students who were athletes in high school;
· and students active in leadership activities or involved in 4-H, FFA, or a church youth group.
A full list of the College’s endowed scholarships is available at . Students also can fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at . Institutions will begin processing information from the FAFSA in March and April.
Students who have applied for admission to Blinn will be notified through MyBLINN when their aid processing has begun. For more information, contact a scholarship advisor at.
The Blinn Foundation is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization designed to provide financial support for programs and activities that enhance the quality of education for Blinn College students and expand educational opportunities for the entire community. The Foundation supports the College by generating private and corporate gifts for scholarships, academic programs, student activities, campus buildings, and special events.
While raising funds is an important function, the Blinn Foundation also seeks to heighten community awareness of the mission and accomplishments of the College and to promote excellence in education. For more information, visit .
Director of Communications, Media Relations, and Marketing
Blinn College District
Marketing & Communications
902 College Ave.
Brenham, TX 77833
About Blinn College
With an enrollment of 19,581 students, Blinn ranks among the nation’s leaders in transferring students to leading four-year universities and has received national recognition for affordable educational excellence.