Blinn College offers diverse selection of online programs this fall
Students can complete 22 different degrees and certificates without ever stepping foot on campus
August 11, 2017
As more college students opt for the convenience of online courses, Blinn College is offering more “Distance Learning” courses than ever before.
Blinn will offer 143 different courses online this fall, continuing the steady growth of an area that sees more demand every year. Blinn offered 92 courses online in Fall 2011, and had expanded that figure to 125 by Fall 2016.
Students have responded to the greater selection by registering for more online courses each year. In Fall 2014, Blinn registered 1,267 students for online-only courses. By the following Fall, that number had leapt to 1,817 students, and last Fall the College enrolled 2,047 students for online-only courses – a remarkable 61.5 percent increase over a two-year span.
“Students appreciate the convenience that Blinn’s online courses offer,” said Dr. Crystal Lee, Vice Chancellor for Instruction. “Blinn’s instructors have worked hard to adapt the traditional classroom experience to the online environment, and students appreciate that online courses allow them to study on their own schedule from any location with an internet connection.”
Students can even complete entire programs without ever stepping foot on a Blinn campus. Blinn offers 22 degrees and certificates entirely online:
- Associate of Science in accounting,
- Associate of Arts in anthropology,
- Associate of Arts in arts,
- Associate of Science in business,
- Level One Child Development Associate (CDA) Child Care Worker Certificate,
- Associate of Applied Science in child development education,
- Associate of Science in computer science,
- Associate of Arts in criminal justice,
- Criminal Justice Field of Study Award,
- Associate of Science in economics,
- Associate of Arts in English,
- Associate of Applied Science in health information technology,
- Associate of Arts in history,
- Associate of Science in kinesiology,
- Associate of Science in mathematics,
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Certificate,
- Medical Office Specialist Certificate,
- Associate of Arts in psychology,
- Real Estate Level 1 Certificate,
- Associate of Arts in sociology,
- Associate of Arts in Spanish,
- and Associate of Arts in speech.
Blinn’s online programs are fully equivalent and hold the same accreditation as its traditional face-to-face courses. Academic and student support are available to students who take programs online through the College’s online student portal, myBlinn. Blinn offers a variety of resources for students considering online courses at www.blinn.edu/online including an orientation course, tips for taking an online course, tutorials, and frequently asked questions.
Regardless of whether students choose to enroll in online or face-to-face courses, they benefit from Blinn’s exceptional academic reputation. According to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), Blinn’s academic transfer rate of 34.2 percent ranks second in the State of Texas and exceeds the state-wide average of 21.1 percent.
THECB data also shows that Blinn students who take 30 credit hours during the 2017-18 school year will save $3,717, approximately 42 percent, in tuition and fees compared to state residents at the average Texas public university.
Blinn’s Fall semester begins Monday, Aug. 28. To register, visit www.blinn.edu.
Director of Communications, Media Relations, and Marketing
Blinn College District
Marketing & Communications
902 College Ave.
Brenham, TX 77833
About Blinn College
With an enrollment of 19,581 students, Blinn ranks among the nation’s leaders in transferring students to leading four-year universities and has received national recognition for affordable educational excellence.