Things to do before you arrive
- Read the Residence Life Handbook.
- Make sure you are registered for at least 12 credit hours, assigned to a room, and have your Fall balance satisfied with financial aid, scholarship, loans, a payment plan, or are paid in full.
- Consider purchasing property insurance through your current homeowners or renters insurance company. Blinn College does not provide insurance for your personal belongings, and Blinn College is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
- Familiarize yourself with important locations on campus.
- Use your meal plan in the Dining Hall by simply swiping your Blinn ID. Residents may purchase the Blue meal plan with 19 meals per week or the Silver meal plan with 14 meals per week. The meal plan for Blinn College Park Apartment residents consists of 11 meals per week. For more information, please refer to Campus Dining Meal Plans.
- To receive mail, students must reserve a mailbox in the Student Center.
What to bring and what not to bring
|Mattress protector||Mini fridge, 4 cu. or smaller||Cleaning supplies|
|Extra-long twin sheet sets
(exception: Mill Creek Hall beds are full size)
|Comforter||Alarm clock||Soap, shampoo, razors|
|Pillow, blankets||Laptop/computer||Shower curtain|
|Underbed storage||Flash drives||Shower shoes, bathrobe|
|Throw Rug||Surge protectors||Towels, washcloths|
|Posters, photos, mirror||Ethernet cable||Toilet paper|
Do not bring
|Space heaters||Pets of any kind||Weight equipment|
|AC units||Alcohol, Illegal drugs||BB guns, paintball guns|
|Candle warmers||Gasoline for grills||Water guns|
|Furniture||Tobacco Products/Vaping Materials||Scented plug-ins|
Appliances with exposed heating elements are not allowed due to potential fire and safety problems.
The Blinn College District prohibits the possession or storage of any type of firearm; dangerous weapon, including BB guns, airsoft guns, bows and arrows, spear guns, slingshots, and other potentially dangerous and hazardous weapons; flammable liquids; or explosive device in the residence halls or in automobiles on college premises.
Move-in day tips
- Know your room assignment/room number. Before moving in, make sure you have checked your MyBlinn account for your room assignment. Depending on your housing assignment, you will report to either the Mill Creek Hall or the Student Center to receive your ID and directions to your residence hall.
- Know your check-in location, dates, and times.
- Dress comfortably.
- Pack efficiently. You won’t be able to fit your entire house into your room, so leave some non-essential items at home. It will make move-in easier for you.
- Coordinate your room. If you know your roommate or suitemates, plan out your shared space. Multiple TVs or mini-fridges only take up space. Plus, you can plan cohesive decorations for your suite
- Bring a handcart. We will not have moving carts available for you to move heavier items, so make sure you come prepared as needed.
- No pets. Don’t bring your family pet along. Housing does not allow pets in the residence halls.
- Family goes home. Once you have finished moving, friends and family are not permitted to stay the night with you. We know that you will miss them, but this is a great opportunity to make some new friends!
- Take out the trash. Trash may be disposed of in the dumpsters near your residence hall/apartment.