Join our Team
Become a Resident Assistant!
A resident assistant is responsible for creating a positive, inclusive living and learning environment in the residence halls. They interact with their residents and help students transition to college living by making the residence halls home. They are also the primary connection between the Residence Life and Housing Department and the students.
Resident assistant have a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Serve on an on-call rotation that requires them to be in the residence hall
- Work desk hours that are based around their class schedule and on-call rotations
- Attend mandatory
trainingsand orientations at the beginning of each semester
- Attend mandatory, monthly all-staff in-services
- Build healthy, positive relationships with other students
- Work collaboratively with others
- RAs must be a full-time, returning student for the upcoming school year.
- RAs must have a minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA).
- Serving as an RA is an entire academic year commitment.
We are looking for a student who will treat RA position as a job and as a way of life, a positive individual who genuinely cares about others and wants what is best for them, and a leader who knows when it is time to educate and when it is time to listen.
Being a resident assistant has many benefits, including:
- Career experience
- Resume builder
- Lifelong friendships
- New insights into others
- Scholarship opportunities