Join our Team
Become a Resident Assistant!
A Resident Assistant is responsible for creating a positive, inclusive living and learning environment in the residence halls. They interact with their residents and help students transition to college living by making the residence halls home. They are also the primary connection between the Housing and Residence Life Department and the students.
Resident Assistants have a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Serve on an on-call rotation that requires them to be in the residence hall on scheduled nights
- Work desk hours that are based around their class schedule and on-call rotations
- Attend mandatory trainings and orientations at the beginning of each semester
- Create and put on 3 events within the semester
- Build healthy, positive relationships with other students
- Create a comfortable environment through hall décor and the use of bulletin boards
- RAs must be enrolled in 12 or more credit hours for the semester.
- RAs must have a minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA) for returning students and a 2.5 or equivalent for students new to college.
- RAs may not have more than 2 judicial/conduct points.
We are looking for a student who will treat the RA position as a job and as a way of life, a positive individual who genuinely cares about others and wants what is best for them, and a leader who knows when it is time to educate and when it is time to listen.
Being a Resident Assistant has many benefits, including:
- Career experience
- Resume builder
- Lifelong friendships
- New insights into others
- Personal development
- Scholarship opportunities
- Private Room
- Suitemate preference if possible
Students interested in becoming a Resident Assistant must fill out the form below. Sign in and submit using your Blinn email address. The application for Spring 2021 has closed, so all applications will be considered for Fall 2021. Interviews will be scheduled at the end of the spring semester.