Applying for Housing
To reside in college housing, a student must enroll in a minimum of 12 semester hours at Blinn College and must pass a criminal history record review and documentation must be on file for having received the Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination. Blinn College housing assignments are made without regard to race, color, creed, national origin or disability.
If you are a returning student to Blinn on-campus housing, please call 979-830-4461 before you re-apply. There may be previous application information on file in the housing office. For 1st time applicants, only apply for the semester you plan to attend.
THE SPRING 2014 HOUSING APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN
Please apply early! Housing spaces are limited and there is no guarantee of a room assignment. The Housing Application and Background Application must be filled out completely and your payment for deposit and fee must be processed correctly. Otherwise, your application will not be accepted. Applications are processed in the order they are receipted.
Follow the instructions to apply online for Housing:
- Login intomyBLINN
- Click on Student Links tab (If the Student Links tab is not available, please contact email@example.com to verify the items required to complete your admissions file.)
- Under Student Links, click on Residential Life
- Choose the Login to Apply Online box
- Select the Spring 2014 Housing Application drop down option
- Read and accept the Housing Agreement
- Complete the housing application questions and preferences
- You will be directed to pay the online deposit payment of $300 plus $8.25 for a service fee if paying by credit card
- No cash, check, or money order can be accepted. This must be done with a credit card or checking account/savings account (e-check). Blinn accepts American Express, MasterCard, and Discover. BLINN DOES NOT ACCEPT VISA.
- If you do not have a credit card or checking account/savings account, you can get a prepaid store credit card with the American Express, MasterCard, or Discover logo.
- Prepaid store credit cards can be purchased from Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, and many other stores. (Examples are the MasterCard Green Dot or Walmart Money Card).
- The service fee for each payment by credit card (including prepaid) will be 2.75%. If you are using a prepaid store credit card, you should purchase it in the amount of $318.53 to cover the housing deposit, background check fee, and two service fees.
- A Thank You confirmation page will be emailed when the Housing Application is completed successfully
- Return to the beginning of the Housing Application and select the Background Check Application drop down option
- Read and accept the Background Check Agreement. Out-of-state students are required to submit an out-of-state Background Check Form, which can be printed from the link available on the agreement page. The out-of-state form can also be found on the Housing website.
- Complete the Background Check Application accurately
- You will be directed to pay the online background fee of $10 plus $0.28 for a service fee
- A Thank You confirmation page will be emailed when the Background Application is completed successfully
As a room becomes available, an assignment letter will be emailed. Please check your email on a regular basis.
THE HOUSING OFFICE WILL APPLY THE MINIMUM MEAL PLAN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. (To change it you will need to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1, 2014.)