Ambassador Scholarship Program
The Blinn Ambassador Program is a unique scholarship through which students communicate their enthusiasm about the college. Selection is based on communication skills, academic standing, leadership, composure, responsibility, and availability to perform requires tasks.
Ambassadors provide tours for prospective students and their families, speak to school and civic groups, and assist with advising days and the first week of classes among other duties.
Scholarship recipients serve an average of fifteen hours per week throughout the semester for a total of 210 hours.
Ambassadors will sign a contract outlining their commitment to the program and its rules. In return, ambassadors are compensated in full for tuition and fees. A stipend is given toward book purchases.
- Completed at least six credit hours at Blinn
- Minimum 2.5 GPA (Submit unofficial transcript printed from myBlinn.)
- Recommendation letter from at least one Blinn faculty or staff member addressing the applicants’ communication skills, responsibility, and reliability.
- Ability to communicate effectively to large groups
- Good leadership skills
- Sensitive to individuals who require special assistance
- Value diversity
- Available to work a minimum of 210 hours per long semester and 60 hours per summer session (averaging 15 hours per week)
- NOTE: Other financial aid may be affected by this scholarship.
If you are interested in becoming a Blinn Ambassador, please click here and fill out the application and return it to:
* Brenham Campus- Administration Building, 211 979-830-4152
* Bryan Campus- A Building, Office 101, 979-209-7516