"Prepare for Success"
Music Study at Blinn College
Larry Campbell , Division Chair
When considering your choices for beginning your music career, be sure to look at the Blinn College Department of Music. Here's why:
- Blinn College has the highest percentage of academic students who transfer to four-year schools and has the hightest percentage who go on to complete their bachelor's degrees. Blinn College also has a better than 96% pass rate on career-focused licensure and board exams.
- Blinn College Department of Music offers small classes, one-on-one attention, practical learning and easily accessible faculty so that students are actively engaged in a superior learning environment.
- Blinn College music instructors care about students and encourage their individual growth and success so that students become empowered and more confident.
- Blinn College's outstanding music faculty have diverse, hands-on experience and make teaching their top priority so that students are exposed to music, ideas and issues that expand their horizons.
- The Blinn College Department of Music has numerous performing ensembles in the instrumental and vocal areas that provide opportunities to study diverse music, perform in public regularly, travel, network with other student musicians, and offer service to the Music Department through the Kappa Kappa Psi fraternity. During each semester, numerous performances are held in our new Dr. W.W. O'Donnell Performing Arts Center showcasing the quality of our performing groups.
- Blinn College Department of Music consistently places more of its students in the Texas Community College All-State Band than any other community college. Many of our students also participate in the Texas Community College All-State Choir and Jazz Ensembles.
- Above all, we expect excellence and we encourage individual success by providing challenging learning experiences within a supportive environment.
Click here to download the Associates Of Arts-Music Field of Study Curriculum
For scholarship information
and audition dates, contact:
Larry Campbell – Fine Arts Chair (979) 830-4260
Harry D. Blake – Director of Bands (979) 830-4652
Dr. Sarah Burke – Director of Percussion Studies (979) 830-4015
Dr. Craig Garrett – Jazz Studies (979) 830-4261
Jason Phillips – Director of Vocal Studies (979) 830-4239
John Dujka – Piano Studies (979) 830-4249