There are many factors that determine your financial eligibility, awards, and disbursement. Please read through these. Your financial aid is based on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information and your academic performance in addition to the eligibility criteria listed below.
- Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible program of study
- Be pursuing a degree or other recognized credential
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Be registered with the Selective Service, if required
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Not be in default of any federal funds
Other factors that may affect your financial aid:
- Repeat courses – once you earn a grade of A, B, C, or D in a class it will only count toward your financial aid eligibility one more time, no matter how long ago you took it, where, or what your grade in it was.
- Classes in ineligible programs – students taking classes in programs that are ineligible for financial aid may have their aid canceled. Each student will be notified if this occurs.
- Have already earned an associate degree or higher – once you earn an associate degree or higher, you will need to appeal to receive financial aid. You must be seeking a degree at Blinn and not taking classes to transfer to another institution. If your appeal is approved, your classes will be reviewed each semester. To receive financial aid, you must be in classes that are required for your degree program at Blinn.
- Withdrawal from the semester – if you withdraw during the semester, Blinn is required by the U.S. Department of Education to perform a Return to Title IV calculation in order to determine how much of your financial aid you have earned
Once you have determined that you are eligible, you are ready to begin the steps to apply for financial aid. You must reapply for financial aid every year you want to receive aid.
Contact / Office Info
902 College Ave.
Brenham, TX 77833
Brenham Campus Location:
Bryan Campus Location:
Central Administrative Services Building
3125 S. Texas Ave.,
(Tejas Shopping Center)