BLINN COLLEGE PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION – BRENHAM
What do we do?
- We provide a Welcome Back breakfast to start the fall semester and next semester a Happy New Year Breakfast.
- We donate 15% of our membership dues to the Blinn College Scholarship Fund.
- We sponsor the annual Retirement Luncheon.
- We oversee and present the Teaching Excellence Award to a deserving faculty member.
- Keep this in mind over the school year, watch for the email in the spring and nominate someone you think exemplifies excellence in teaching.
- We support community organizations with donations.
- We recognize members with cards, memorials and donations to charities on their behalf.
- We offer an opportunity to network and socialize with other Blinn faculty and staff.
- Lunch Out and Head Out….Friday before Spring Break
- Informal social events such as Blinn Buccaneer sporting events.
- Sit together and Back the Bucs!!
- How about Buccaneer Bowling?
- We have monthly meetings and host/cohost special events such as guest speakers.
- We provide at least one professional development opportunity per year.
- We sponsor an annual after-graduation party.
- We are working on a new discount card for BCPA members.
- 2013-2014 officers are Karen Killion, President, Yvette Janicek VP and Secretary, Bob Lovelidge, Treasurer, and past presidents Valerie Clayton and Lee Winningham.