Campus Services and Activities

Campus Services and Activities

Will Blinn offer food services during the Fall?

Yes. Plexiglas will be installed in appropriate locations and the floors will be marked to encourage social distancing in lines. All meals will be served on individual plates and self-serve and buffet stations will be closed.

Please note that when classes move to an all-online format following the Thanksgiving holiday, all campus food services will be closed.

Back to top

Can students eat in campus dining halls?

Yes. Dining area seating will be arranged to encourage social distancing and all dining spaces will undergo frequent cleanings.

Back to top

Can I get my meals to go?

Yes. In addition to serving meals for consumption in the dining spaces, the College will provide meals to go.

Back to top

Are campus bookstores open? How can I order textbooks?

The Blinn College bookstore locations operated by Barnes & Noble are now open with social distancing rules in place. Additionally, students can purchase their textbooks online and have them shipped to their home for free. You can shop online at the Brenham Campus Bookstore at or at the Bryan Campus Bookstore at
Back to top

Will campus libraries be open?

Campus libraries will be open and subject to social distancing restrictions. Library study areas and computers will be open and students can check out books, games, and movies. Research and instructional librarians will be available to assist students working on research papers and projects.

Additionally, students will have online access to the library chat, databases, and electronic books at

Back to top

Will campus health clinics be open?

Yes. Baylor Scott & White will continue to manage Blinn's health clinics on the Brenham, Bryan, and RELLIS campuses. Students, staff, and faculty who demonstrate flu symptoms should first call the on-campus clinic and set up an appointment. Each clinic will limit the number of people who can enter the facility at one time.

For more information, please see If you used the Campus Clear app and were not cleared to come to campus, please see

Back to top

Will campus testing centers be open?

Campus Learning Centers will offer testing services and be subject to social distancing guidelines. To take an exam in the campus Learning Centers, students must make a reservation at
Back to top

Will Blinn continue to offer tutoring services?

Yes. All tutoring sessions will be available online seven days a week. Tutoring sessions are conducted live via a video chat, and students can share their work via video whiteboards. Reservations can be made by selecting "Online Tutoring" at
Back to top

Will campus computer labs be open?

Yes. Campus computer labs will be subject to social distancing guidelines and will undergo frequent cleanings. Computer stations will be wiped down between each use.

Back to top

Will campus writing centers be open?

Writing center services will be available online at
Back to top

Will student activities take place?

Blinn’s Student Leadership and Activities Department will host virtual and socially distanced activities for students. Student organizations will host their annual involvement fairs through virtual platforms and socially distanced table displays and student organizations will conduct virtual meetings during the Fall semester.

Back to top

Will the Kruse Center be open?

Yes. The Kruse Center, the student recreation center located on the Brenham Campus, will be open. More information about the updated hours and health and safety procedures that will be in place during the Fall semester can be found on the Kruse Center web page.
Back to top

What mental health and coping resources are available during COVID?

We understand the virus has caused stress for many communities and individuals. The Office of Disability Services and Counseling provides resources to help improve your overall well-being. Please contact their office to schedule a virtual appointment, request resources, or follow their social media pages.

For any other questions, please email or call the Disability Services and Counseling Office on your respective campus.

Brenham, Sealy, or Schulenburg campuses:

979-830-4196 or

Bryan Campus:

979-209-7251 or

RELLIS Campus:

979-209-8947 or

Back to top

Will the Disability Services and Counseling Office be open in person for the Fall semester?

The office will be available for limited in-person appointments. Our office will provide and recommends virtual appointments. At this time walk-ins will not be permitted. Please email or call ahead to request an appointment. CDC guidelines recommend physical distancing of at least 6 feet. In order to maintain these protocols, the office must know in advance when students are visiting the office. 

Back to top

How will Disability Services and Counseling provide services if courses are moved online?

Disability Services and Counseling will continue to provide accommodations and support to students if courses are moved online. Virtual appointments will be available for testing, mental health counseling and disability services.
Back to top

Can a student use the testing center in ODS or the Learning Center to take exams and quizzes? How do I schedule my exams?

Students using the testing space in the Disability Services Office are required to schedule testing reservations in advance. In-person testing times and space will be limited to adhere to the CDC physical distancing and cleaning protocols. Virtual appointments are highly recommended.

Students who utilize the Learning Center for proctoring should contact the Learning Center to schedule testing reservations. Walk-ins will be permitted but space is limited to follow CDC guidelines for physical distancing and cleaning. We recommend scheduling an appointment in advance.

Students will have the option to utilize Honorlock for proctoring exams. 


Back to top

Can a student request an exemption from the requirement to wear a face covering?

Some students may have difficulty wearing a mask due to a medical diagnosis or other disability. Students should contact Disability Services at their respective campus to request an exemption through the accommodation process. As this is a public health crisis, exemptions are likely only to be accommodated through face shields or online classes.

Advance notice of the need for accommodations/exemptions can help to ensure that there is adequate time to review the request and decide on a case-by-case basis. If a student has been approved for this exception to the policy, they will be given an accommodation letter to provide to faculty members to allow them to remain in class. If consistent with the need for accommodation, a face shield should be worn instead of a face covering. If this is not possible, the CDC recommends limiting exposure to others and maintaining a 6 feet physical distance at all times in the absence of a face covering. Students should consider using available distance education options.

For requests based on a religious concern, students should contact the Dean of Student Engagement.

Blinn employees should contact Human Resources to request accommodations/exemptions.

Back to top

How will Disability Services make determinations for exemptions of face coverings?

The Disability Services Office will use their review process for requests of an exemption. Students requesting an accommodation/exemption will need to discuss their concerns and provide documentation for their request. As this is a public health crisis, exemptions are likely only to be accommodated through face shields or online classes. 
Back to top

How will interpreting services be provided for remote learning?

Blinn's interpreting services vendor will provide services to students utilizing Zoom. Please contact the Office of Disability Services to have this set up.

Back to top

Can a student request accommodations for in-person courses regarding the method of attendance?

Students who have medical conditions or are in a vulnerable population should contact the Disability Services Office (ODS) to discuss their concerns. Through an interactive process, the student and ODS can determine reasonable accommodations. All in-person courses have a remote synchronous learning environment. It is recommended that students with medical conditions consider attending hi-flex courses remotely.

Students may also consider registering for distance education courses. 

Back to top

How do students send a letter of accommodation (LOA) to a faculty member?

With the use of remote learning, emailing faculty a copy of your LOA will be the best option for discussing student accommodations. Intentional communication and a proactive reminder of the accommodation a student needs can minimize confusion or issues surrounding accommodations.

LOAs can be requested online at the following website: Letter request forms are to be used for current students only. Once a request is received, LOAs will be emailed to the student's BUC student account through the student's myBLINN portal. Please contact your respective campus for further information.

(Bryan Campus –; Brenham, Schulenburg, and Sealy campuses –; RELLIS Campus –

Back to top

I am experiencing a crisis or have a student in crisis, what should I do?

Our priority is the safety of students. Please call or email our office in advance to request a virtual appointment. The Counseling Office will have limited in-person availability. If you believe a student is in immediate danger, please call 911 or campus police. 
Back to top