Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Wednesday, August 1, 2018
Wednesday, May 16
Wednesday, June 20
Wednesday, July 18
Friday, May 18, 2018
Friday, June 8, 2018
Friday, June 15, 2018
Friday, July 6, 2018
Friday, July 27, 2018
Friday, June 29, 2018
Friday, July 20, 2018
Friday, August 10, 2018
We are excited that you have chosen the Blinn College District as your destination for success! Advising Day is a great way to start your transition to college. All new students should attend Advising Day. Our goal is to provide information and resources that allow students to make informed and appropriate academic plans and healthy social choices. During Advising Day, students will register for their classes and learn about the many organizations and resources Blinn College offers.
- If you have accepted the Texas A&M Blinn TEAM program offer, please contact Jayson Naiser (979-209-7572 or firstname.lastname@example.org)..
- If you have accepted the Engineering Academy offer, please contact Ashley Hermes (979-830-4191 or email@example.com).
- Brenham Students: If you have already been accepted or are interested in auditioning for band, choir, or theatre arts, please contact Dr. Sarah Burke (Band: 979-840-4015 or firstname.lastname@example.org), Dr. Paulo Gomes (Choir: 979-830-4239) or Mr. Brad Nies (Theatre Arts: 979-830-4269 or email@example.com).
- If you have signed a letter of commitment to play a sport at Blinn, please contact Dr. Kenny Masenda for Advising (979-830-4801 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Bryan Students: If you have already been accepted or are interested in auditioning for Theatre Arts, please contact Mr. Greg Wise (979-209-7244 or email@example.com).
All Admissions items must be submitted to Blinn prior to the Advising Day session date selected.
- Apply through Apply Texas ( www.applytexas.org)
- Bacterial Meningitis Shot Record
- Test scores for placement purposes (TSIA or Exempting TAKS, SAT or ACT)
- High School Transcript (an in-progress transcript will suffice until the final one can be sent)
- College Transcript (All previous college credit, including dual credit, must be documented with a college transcript. High school transcripts will not be accepted.)
Please allow 7-10 business days for admission file items to process once they are sent.
Registration is required for Attendance.
Students will be able to register for an available date after they have completed their admissions file with Blinn. Once a student’s file is complete, they will be able to access the registration system via their myBLINN portal. The link for registration will be located in the Personal Information icon. Students will need to select the Brenham or Bryan Advising Day option depending on which campus they are enrolling with. After a student has registered for a date and session, if they need to make any changes please email bryanNSO@blinn.edu.
Online New Student Orientations:
Prior to attending your scheduled Advising Day, students will need to complete their designated Pre-advising online modules. These are found in your myBLINN → Personal Information.
Advising and Registration:
Advising and registration will be provided and there is no need for a separate appointment. We encourage new students to be advised at Advising Day.
Family & Guests:
Each student is allowed to bring up to 2 guests. Blinn College believes in collaborating with the parent/guardian and family to ensure the student’s success. Family and guests are welcomed and will enjoy a special reception.
There will be a one-time registration fee. Space is limited and attendance will be determined based on order of registration and payment.
$10—Per Family member or Guest (maximum of 2 guests are allowed)
Refunds will not be provided for cancellations. If you wish to change your Advising Day session, there is no need to re-submit a new registration. To change or cancel your Advising Day session date for any reason, send an email to bryanNSO@blinn.edu at least 48 hours prior to the event. Please be aware that space is limited and attendance will be determined based on order of registration and payment; therefore, we cannot guarantee availability for rescheduling of Advising Day dates.
Download a printable checklist to ensure you complete everything before your Advising Day.
For more information, visit www.blinn.edu/admissions or call 979-830-4000 and press “0” to speak with an Enrollment Services Specialist.
If you already have been accepted and are interested in auditioning for Theatre Arts, please contact Mr. Greg Wise (979-209-7244 or firstname.lastname@example.org).